Special Note to New Hampshire Residents
PL-900: Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals Course Outline
This course has not yet been approved by the New Hampshire Department of Education. Please contact us for an update on when the class will be available in New Hampshire.
Learn the business value and product capabilities of Power Platform. Create a simple PowerApp, connect data with CDS, build a Power BI Dashboard, and automate a process with Microsoft Flow.
Candidates for this exam are users who aspire to improve productivity by automating business processes, analyzing data to produce business insights, and acting more effectively by creating simple app experiences.
No prerequisites for this course
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe the Power Platform components: Power Apps, Power BI and Microsoft Automate
• Describe the Power Platform components: Common Data Service, Connectors and AI builder
• Describe cross-cloud scenarios across M365, Dynamics 365, Microsoft Azure and 3rd party services
• Identify benefits and capabilities of Power Platform
• Identify the basic functionality and business value Power Platform components
• Implement simple solutions with Microsoft Automate, Power BI, and Power Apps
Module 1: Introduction to Power Platform
Learn about the components of Power Platform, ways to connect data, and how organizations can leverage this technology to
• Power Platform Overview
• Module Summary
Module 2: Get Started with Power Apps
Learn about the value and capabilities of PowerApps, and ways other organizations have leverage this technology to build simple applications for their business.
• Power Apps Overview
• How to Build an App Solution
• Create Staff Canvas App
• Complete the App
Lab : How to Build a Basic Canvas App 2
• Create Security Canvas App
Module 3: Introduction to Common Data Service
The Common Data Service allows you to delve into powerful, scalable data solutions in the cloud. Learn what makes the Common Data Service tick and how it can work with the Power Platform to create unique and efficient business solutions.
• Common Data Service Overview
• Module Summary
Lab : Data Modeling
• Create Environment and Solution
• Create Entities and Relationships
• Import Data
Module 4: Get Started with Power Automate
Learn how users can leverage Power Automate to improve business efficiency and productivity.
• Power Automate Overview
• How to Build an Automated Solution
Lab : Build a Simple Flow
• Create Visit Notification Flow
• Create Security Sweep Flow
Module 5: Get Started with Power BI
Learn how organizations can use Power BI to easily clean, display, and understand data to ensure better informed decisions.
• Power BI Overview
• How to Build a Simple Dashboard
Lab : Build a Power BI Report
View outline in Word