AutoCAD 3D Drawing and Modeling Course Outline
The AutoCAD®: 3D Drawing and Modeling course introduces users who are proficient with the 2D commands in the AutoCAD® software to the concepts and methods of 3D modeling. The course provides a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of 3D and explores the main features of the advanced 3D Modeling workspace in the AutoCAD software.
• 3D viewing techniques
• Working with simple and composite solids
• Creating complex solids and surfaces
• Modifying objects in 3D space
• Editing solids
• Creating sections, camera perspectives, and animations
• Working with point clouds
• Converting 3D objects
• Setting up a rendering with materials and lights
• Creating 2D drawings from 3D models
• Working with the User Coordinate System
• Set up a drawing for 3D Prints
Special Note to New Hampshire Residents
This course has not yet been approved by the State's Department of Education. Please contact us to get an update as to when the class should be available in New Hampshire.
• A good working skill level in the AutoCAD software, i.e. a minimum of 80 hours of work experience with the AutoCAD software, is recommended.
View outline in Word
Attend hands-on, instructor-led AutoCAD 3D Drawing and Modeling training classes at ONLC's more than 300 locations.
Not near one of our locations? Attend these same live classes from your home/office PC via our Remote Classroom Instruction (RCI) technology.
For additional training options, check out our list of Courses and select the one that's right for you.