ITIL® Specialist: Create, Deliver and Support Course Outline
This three-day hands-on program leads to a ITIL Specialist Certificate in ITIL Create, Deliver, and Support. This program is for IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an IT environment requiring a detailed understanding of value stream design, practice creation and alignment, and cross-functional collaboration models.
What You Will Accomplish
• Plan and build value streams
• Use ITIL practices to support the creation of new services
• Use ITIL practices to provide effective user support
• Coordinate, Prioritize, and Structure Work Activities
• Assess Build vs Buy Considerations
• Assess Sourcing Alternatives
• Service Integration and Management (SIAM)
Who Should Attend
All IT staff and Management responsible for the creation of new services, service transition planning, ongoing service delivery, and user support would benefit from this course.
• Service Desk personnel and Management
• Technical Support personnel and Management
• Data Center Operations personnel and Management
• Security Operations personnel and Management
• Application Support Personnel and Management
• Project and Program Managers looking to better integrate Operational Readiness
All students need to have completed and passed the ITIL 4 Foundation examination prior to attending this course.
The ITIL Specialist: Create, Deliver, and Support exam is a 90 minute, 40 question multiple choice exam. An optional examination is administered by an independent proctor at the end of the course. Certification and accreditation is through PeopleCert. Candidates must have attended an accredited training course (instructor led or online) to sit for the exam
Each student will receive a detailed workbook. Other ITSM-related study material and books are available for purchase prior to, or during, the class.
1) Plan and build value streams
2) Align organizational structure
3) Create a customer-oriented mindset
4) Understand “shift-left” and how to use it to improve velocity
5) Learn effective collaboration and team development techniques
6) Establish effective information workflows and knowledge sharing
7) Use practices to support the creation of new services such as
o Service Design
o Software Development and Management
o Deployment Management
o Release Management
o Service Validation and Testing
o Change Enablement
8) Use practices to provide effective user support
o Service Desk
o Incident Management
o Problem Management
o Knowledge Management
o Service Level Management
o Monitoring and Event Management
9) Coordinate, Prioritize, and Structure Work Activities
o Managing Queues and Backlogs
10) Assess Build vs Buy Considerations
11) Assess Sourcing Alternatives
12) Using Service Integration and Management (SIAM)
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
All ITIL® online courses are offered by Logical Operations, Inc. - United States AFFILIATE of AXELOS Limited.
View outline in Word