CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) Training Course Outline
The Official The Official CompTIA CASP+ course teaches the knowledge and skills to understand security architecture, security operations, security engineering and cryptography, governance, risk and compliance, and prepare candidates to take the CompTIA CASP+ certification exam.
CASP+ is an advanced-level cybersecurity certification covering technical skills in security architecture and senior security engineering in traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments, governance, risk, and compliance skills, assessing an enterprise’s cybersecurity readiness, and leading technical teams to implement enterprise-wide cybersecurity solutions.
Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
• Architect, engineer, integrate, and implement secure solutions across complex environments to support a resilient enterprise
• Use monitoring, detection, incident response, and automation to proactively support ongoing security operations in an enterprise environment
• Apply security practices to cloud, on-premises, endpoint, and mobile infrastructure, while considering cryptographic technologies and techniques
• Consider the impact of governance, risk, and compliance requirements throughout the enterprise
Exam Prep Software--INCLUDED!
All of our CompTIA classes include access to web-based practice exams. CompTIA certification exams are very rigorous and challenging. By studying after the class and using these practice exams, you will greatly improve your chances of passing the actual certification exam the first time. Exam prep software is included with all CompTIA classes delivered by ONLC Training Centers.
ONLC’s Exam Pass Guarantee--INCLUDED!
ONLC’s CompTIA certification classes come with an Exam Pass Guarantee. What that essentially means is that we want to make sure that everyone is taking advantage of the Practice Test that we are providing and achieve and 85% or better in Certification Mode prior to us releasing the initial exam voucher. The practice test is typically ordered the first day of class and emailed to each student. Once you email us at [email protected]
with proof of the 85% or better, we will go ahead and release the exam voucher to you within 24 hours. Should you fail on the first attempt, we will then give you a second voucher. However, should you decide to not take the practice exam or to take the exam without first achieving the 85% in certification mode, the Exam Pass is null and void. Please read through our:
Exam Pass Guarantee
Additional Notes Regarding CompTIA Certification Exams
As with most professional IT certifications, many addition hours of study are required before the class (meeting the prerequisites) and after the class (reviewing exam objectives and practice questions). Expect to spend a significant number of hours studying outside of the class before you take a CompTIA or any other IT professional exam.
In this course, you will analyze and apply advanced security concepts, principles, and implementations that contribute to enterprise-level security.
• Support IT governance in the enterprise with an emphasis on managing risk.
• Leverage collaboration tools and technology to support enterprise security.
• Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
• Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
• Implement cryptographic techniques.
• Implement security controls for hosts.
• Implement security controls for mobile devices.
• Implement network security.
• Implement security in the systems and software development lifecycle.
• Integrate hosts, storage, networks, applications, virtual environments, and cloud technologies in a secure enterprise architecture.
• Conduct security assessments.
• Respond to and recover from security incidents.
This course is designed for IT professionals in the cybersecurity industry whose primary job responsibility is to secure complex enterprise environments. The target student should have real-world experience with the technical administration of these enterprise environments.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA® Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+®) certification and who want to prepare for Exam CAS-004. Students seeking CASP+ certification should have at least 10 years of experience in IT management, with at least 5 years of hands-on technical security experience.
To be fit for this advanced course, you should have at least a foundational knowledge of information security. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Knowledge of identity and access management (IAM) concepts and common implementations, such as authentication factors and directory services.
• Knowledge of cryptographic concepts and common implementations, such as Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) and public key infrastructure (PKI).
• Knowledge of computer networking concepts and implementations, such as the TCP/IP model and configuration of routers and switches.
• Knowledge of common security technologies used to safeguard the enterprise, such as anti-malware solutions, firewalls, and VPNs.
You can obtain this level of knowledge by taking the CompTIA® Security+® course, or demonstrate this level of knowledge by passing Security+ exam SY0-601:
See CompTIA Security+ Training
CASP+ COURSE OUTLINE
Lesson 1: Perform Risk Management Activities
Lesson 2: Summarizing Governance & Compliance Strategies
Lesson 3: Implementing Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
Lesson 4: Identifying Infrastructure Services
Lesson 5: Performing Software Integration
Lesson 6: Explain Virtualization, Cloud and Emerging Technology
Lesson 7: Exploring Secure Configurations and System Hardening
Lesson 8: Understanding Security Considerations of Cloud and Specialized Platforms
Lesson 9: Implementing Cryptography
Lesson 10: Implementing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
Lesson 11: Understanding Threat and Vulnerability Management Activities
Lesson 12: Developing Incident Response Capabilities
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA CASP+ (CAS-004)
View outline in Word