Special Note to New Hampshire Residents
Flex On-Demand: MS-900-Microsoft 365 Fundamentals Course Outline
This course has not yet been approved by the New Hampshire Department of Education. Please contact us for an update on when the class will be available in New Hampshire.
*** Note: This is a Flex On-Demand Self Study Class, 1-day of content, 180-day unlimited Access $195 ***
Flex On-Demand combines the flexibility of on-demand, self-study classes with the benefits of traditional instructor-led training (ILT). With a Flex On-Demand class you get streaming self-study content that matches our instructor-led classes. (Applicable
State and Local taxes may be added for On-Demand purchases, depending on your location.)
Flex On-Demand Learner Profiles
Flex On-Demand is a self-study training solution that was designed for two types of learners. First, Flex On-Demand is a great fit for experienced IT professionals who don't need a traditional multiple full days of training to upgrade their existing
skills. They can pick and choose topics to make the most effective use of their time. Second, Flex On-Demand is perfect for highly-motivated individuals who are new to a technology and need to space their learning over a period of weeks or months. These
learners can take their time and repeat sections as needed until they master the new concepts.
About Flex On-Demand
Our Flex On-Demand classes are self-study courses with 24/7 access via the internet. They include hours of content, hands-on labs using the actual software, and knowledge checks that were created by Microsoft to mirror the content found in the traditional
live instructor-led version of the course.
With each self-study Flex On-Demand class you may "audit" up to 50% of an actual class as an ILT listener. This option allow you to listen in and follow along to the equivalent live Instructor-Led Training (ILT) class. ILT Listeners do not have direct
access to the live instructor. ILT classes are held weekdays. Please contact ONLC to schedule.
Paying with Software Assurance Training Vouchers (SATV)
For Microsoft Enterprise customers paying with Software Assurance Vouchers, the cost of this class is 1 voucher--this includes access to the self-study materials. (Note: Individuals paying with SATV can have the option of auditing the entire class as an
Do You Still Prefer a Live, Instructor-led Class?
Already know Flex On-Demand is not right for you? We also offer this same course content in a live, instructor-led format. For more details, click on the link below:
MS-900 Microsoft 365 Fundamentals Instructor-led
This course provides foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. You will begin by learning about
cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing and specifically Microsoft cloud services. You will be introduced to Microsoft Azure, and you will examine the differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365. You will then perform an in-depth
review of Microsoft 365, including a comparison of Microsoft on-premises services versus Microsoft 365 cloud services, a review of enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365, and an analysis of how Microsoft 365 services provide collaboration. The course then
analyzes how security, compliance, privacy, and trust are handled in Microsoft 365, and it concludes with a review of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
This course is designed for IT Professionals who aspire to deploy and manage cloud services in their organization, or who are simply looking to acquire foundational knowledge on cloud fundamentals. This includes the considerations and benefits of adopting
cloud services in general and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model specifically, with a general focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings.
This course is designed for IT Professionals who aspire to deploy and manage cloud services in their organization. Students should have the following background:
-General IT knowledge or any general experience working in an IT environment
-General (sales level) experience on corresponding Microsoft on-premises products, such as Exchange Server, SharePoint, Office Professional, AD RMS and others
-Experience addressing business/legal/security requirements for IT
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Differentiate between the various cloud service models.
• Identify the key differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365.
• Plan for migration to Microsoft 365 services.
• Identify key differences between Microsoft on-premises services and Microsoft 365 cloud services.
• Define enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365.
• Identify how Microsoft 365 services support teamwork.
• Describe identities, including cloud, on-premises, and hybrid identity.
• Describe cloud device management and protection, including the use of Intune.
• Describe data protection, including the use of Azure Information Protection.
• Describe compliance in general and the compliance features in Microsoft 365.
• Describe Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support
Module 1: Cloud Concepts
• Principles of cloud computing
• Microsoft cloud services
• Migrating to cloud services
Lab : Cloud Fundamentals
• Exercise 1: Determine the appropriate cloud model (paper-based lab)
Module 2: Core Microsoft 365 Services
• Microsoft 365 core services
• Microsoft on-premise services and cloud services in Microsoft 365
• Unified endpoint management in Microsoft 365
• Teamwork in Microsoft 365
Lab : Enabling and configuring a Microsoft 365 tenant
• Exercise 1: Activating and configuring a Microsoft 365 tenant
• Exercise 2: Exploring the Microsoft 365 user and admin portal
• Exercise 3: Configuring new user and group accounts
Module 3: Security, Compliance, Privacy and Trust in Microsoft 365
• Organizational Security Fundamentals
• Security features in Microsoft 365
• Identity and Access Management
• Device and data protection in Microsoft 365
• Compliance in Microsoft 365
Lab : Security in Microsoft 365
• Exercise1: Managing users and devices in Azure Active Directory
• Exercise2: Evaluate Identity Protection
• Exercise3: Explore tools for compliance
Module 4: Microsoft 365 pricing and support
• Microsoft 365 Subscriptions, licenses, and billing
• Support in Microsoft 365
Lab : Managing subscriptions, licensing and support in M365
• Exercise 1: Explore interfaces for billing and subscriptions
• Exercise 2: Add trial licenses to the tenant
• Exercise 3: Review support options
View outline in Word