Special Note to New Hampshire Residents
Veritas Information Studio 1.1: Administration Course Outline
This course has not yet been approved by the New Hampshire Department of Education. Please contact us for an update on when the class will be available in New Hampshire.
Acquire the skills to organize your data, take informed actions, and handle security concerns, new regulations and continuous data growth with the Veritas Information Studio 1.1: Administration course. You will learn the general principles, deployment,
configuration, and management of Information Studio, including how to best utilize its reporting capabilities, effectively manage and monitor data, and ensure data privacy, compliance, and optimize storage.
3 days, including 6 months of lab access
Virtual instructor-led training - VILT: 3 days, including 6 months of lab access
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Learn the basic functionality of Information Studio along with different use cases, its architecture, and its benefits
• Explain Veritas Information Studio components: Hub, Remote data Engine, and Windows Agent.
• Discuss deployment topologies and deployment process.
• List role permissions for the available roles.
• Describe organizations, edit a customer account, and grant access to Veritas Information Studio users.
• Learn how to add a tenant, manage certificates, and configure SMTP.
• Explain the available license models and add license information using the license manager.
• Locate and understand the various Veritas Information Studio Dashboard components.
• Capture information using the Veritas Information Studio application
• Configure and add the following:
Microsoft Azure connection
Microsoft SharePoint Online connection
Enterprise Box connection
Google cloud storage connection
Microsoft Exchange online connection
Google Drive and Gmail connection
Microsoft OneDrive connection
Generic S3 Cloud Storage connection
• Configure data collection from Native File Servers like NetApp and EMC and Windows File Servers.
• Configure the Microsoft SharePoint on-premises connector in Information Studio.
• Configure the Microsoft SQL on-premises connector in Information Studio.
• Configure the Oracle connector in Information Studio.
• Configure the NetBackup connector in Information Studio.
• Configure the Microsoft Exchange on-premise connector in Information Studio.
• Create, manage, and view policies in Information Studio.
• View monitoring job metrics and download progress detail reports for jobs.
• View the Audit Log metrics, supported filters and export Audit Logs.
• Troubleshoot errors with policies and Data engines.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, and support of Veritas Information Studio.
Students should be familiar with NetBackup and have working knowledge of Oracle, SQL, SharePoint and Microsoft Exchange. Students should also have working knowledge of VMware.
Veritas Information Studio 1.1: Fundamentals
• Managing information
• Veritas Information Studio: Overview
Deploying Information Studio 1.1
• Information Studio: Deployment overview
• Information Studio: System and requirements
• Information Studio: Deployment prerequisites
• Deploying Information Studio
Working with the Information Studio GUI
• Logging into Veritas Information Studio using different roles
• Working with Organizations
• Licensing Scheme
• Working with the Information Studio Administration Console
• Understanding Dashboard Components
• Capturing information
Configuring Cloud Content Sources
• Overview of cloud connectors
• Configuring data collection from Microsoft Azure
• Configuring Microsoft SharePoint Online connection
• Configuring data collection from Enterprise Box
• Configuring data collection from Google Cloud Storage
• Configuring Microsoft Exchange Online connection
• Configuring a Google Drive and Gmail Connection
• Configuring Microsoft OneDrive connection
• Configuring a Generic S3 Cloud Storage connection
Configuring On-Premise Content Sources
• Supported on-premise connectors and their prerequisites
• Configuring data collection from Native File Servers
• Configuring Microsoft SharePoint On-premises
• Configuring Microsoft SQL server
• Configuring Oracle
• Configuring the NetBackup connector
• Configuring the Microsoft Exchange on-premise connector
Creating Information Studio Administration policies
• Information Studio: Policies
• Policy classification
Monitoring and troubleshooting Information Studio
• Monitoring jobs
• Viewing Audit Logs
• Troubleshooting policies and Data engines
View outline in Word