Veritas Access 3340 Appliance 7.4.2 Administration Course Outline
The Veritas Access 3340 Appliance (7.4.2): Administration course is designed for IT professionals tasked with designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining Veritas Access Appliance environments.
This course covers how to use the Veritas Access 3340 Appliance to manage storage, file systems, and shares using the Veritas Access web-based GUI and command line. You will learn about file system and file share administration as well as creating and
maintaining NFS, CIFS, S3, and FTP file shares. Additionally, you will learn how to configure cloud-based storage as a secondary tier in Veritas Access, how to integrate Veritas Access as LTR storage for NetBackup, and how to integrate Access for archiving
and restoring files for Enterprise Vault.
Note: Participants are required to use their own AWS account to perform Lab 08: Creating a scale-out file system with a cloud tier.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Describe the Access 3340 Appliance (7.4.2) and its use cases, software, and hardware components.
• Configure the Appliance cluster.
• Configure storage, the S3 server, activate LTR policy, generate S3 keys and provision buckets, and review the storage configuration.
• Configure Access Appliance in a NetBackup domain.
• Understand storage provisioning in Veritas Access.
• Create Veritas Access file systems with the help of Access GUI and CLISH.
• Describe the authentication methods supported by Veritas Access Appliance and configure them.
• Use cloud as a Tier for scale-out file systems.
• Provision the Access Appliance as primary and secondary storage for Enterprise Vault and replicate data storage.
• Monitor Appliance health using Veritas Remote Management, Appliance Shell Menu, Access Shell Menu, and the Access GUI.
• Configure user roles, LDAP and AD authentication, maintain storage, and appliance security.
• Perform physical inspection and resolve hardware faults.
• Reconfigure the Access Appliance.
Who Should Attend
This course is for UNIX/Linux system architects, system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, network/SAN administrators, and systems integration/development staff who will be designing, installing, operating, and/or integrating
You must have working knowledge of advanced computer concepts, including TCP/IP networking and Internet concepts, storage management, and enterprise networking. You must have administrator-level knowledge of RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.4. Knowledge of cloud
technologies and Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 operating systems is a plus.
This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to transfer them into your working environment.
• About this course
• Education and support resources
Introducing the Access 3340 Appliance
• Access 3340: Overview
• Supported Operating Systems (7.4.2)
• Access appliance overview and use cases
• Access appliance software overview
• Access appliance hardware overview
Configuring the Appliance Cluster
• Preparing for configuration
• Configuring the appliance for the first time
• Deployment Enhancements
• Validating the configuration using Veritas Access interfaces
Provisioning Storage for NetBackup using the Getting Started Wizard
• Configuring storage
• Configuring the S3 server
• Activating an LTR policy
• Generating S3 keys
• Provisioning an S3 bucket
• Reviewing the storage configuration
Using the Access Appliance in a NetBackup Domain
• Configuring Access as a cloud storage server
• Configuring the Access Appliance as a primary backup target for verification
• Configuring the Access Appliance as a LTR Target
• Integrating appliances in a NetBackup environment
• Performing backups and restores with appliances
• Veritas Data Deduplication (7.4.2)
• Benefits of MSDP Integration (7.4.2)
• Overview of storage provisioning in Veritas Access
• Administering storage pools
• Displaying disk information
• Protecting data using I/O fencing
• Different storage protocols support
• Storage provisioning in Access Appliance
Creating File Systems
• File systems in Veritas Access Appliance
• Creating a file system
• Modifying and deleting a file system
• Checking and repairing a file system
Configuring Veritas Access Shares
• Introducing file sharing protocols
• Configuring authentication
• Using Veritas Access as a CIFS server
• Using Veritas Access as an S3 server
Using Cloud as a Tier for Scale-out File System
• Cloud tiering overview
• Using a cloud as a tier in AWS
• Moving files between tiers
• Using data movement policies
• Monitoring data usage in the cloud tier
Using the Access Appliance as an Archiving Target
• Veritas Access Appliance integration with Enterprise Vault
• Provisioning primary storage for Enterprise Vault
• Provisioning secondary storage for Enterprise Vault
• Replicating Data storage for Enterprise Vault
Monitoring Appliance Health
• Configuring event notifications
• Monitoring with Veritas Remote Management
• Monitoring with the Appliance Shell Menu (CLISH)
• Monitoring with Access CLISH
• Monitoring with the Appliance GUI
• Using Veritas AutoSupport
Maintaining the Access Appliance
• Configuring User Roles
• Configuring LDAP and AD Authentication
• Maintaining Storage
• Maintaining Appliance Security
Troubleshooting the Access Appliance
• Appliance Online Resources
• Appliance Physical Inspection
• Resolving common hardware faults
• Viewing and gathering appliance log files
Reconfiguring the Access Appliance
• Access appliance factory reset overview
• Performing a single node factory reset
• Performing a full appliance cluster factory reset
• Managing software and storage
View outline in Word