Veritas Flex Appliance 5340: Administration Course Outline
The Veritas Flex Appliance 5340: Administration course is designed for IT professionals who are responsible for deploying, configuring, operating, managing, and maintaining Veritas Flex appliances.
This course covers how to configure Flex appliances using containers. Students learn how to set up and work with the Flex Appliance. Students also learn how to modify settings, manage users, monitor, reconfigure the Flex appliance, and how to upgrade and
rollback the Flex appliance.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Describe the Veritas Flex appliance and its hardware and software components.
• Describe the fundamentals of Flex appliance containers, its implementation, and the advantages of running NetBackup in container.
• Set up the Veritas Flex appliance.
• Work with the Flex appliance Web console.
• Modify Flex appliance settings using Flex Shell commands.
• Manage Flex appliance tenants and users.
• Create and manage application instances.
• Monitor Flex appliance.
• Perform factory reset and storage reset to reconfigure Flex appliance.
• Upgrade and rollback the Flex appliance.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, and management of the Veritas Flex Appliance.
Students must have working knowledge of Veritas NetBackup and Veritas NetBackup appliances. Knowledge of clustering, storage management, and networking is also required. Students also must have experience in Unix system administration.
This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to transfer them into your working environment.
Introducing the Veritas Flex Appliance
• Veritas Flex Appliance: Introduction
• Flex Appliance 5340 hardware
• Flex Appliance 5340 software
• Flex Appliance 5340 Management and Monitoring
Understanding Flex Appliance Containers
• Container fundamentals
• Docker Basics
• Flex Appliance 5340: Container implementation
• Running NetBackup in a container: Advantages
Setting up and working with the Veritas Flex Appliance
• Setting up the Veritas Flex Appliance
• Accessing and using the Flex Appliance Shell
• Accessing and using the Flex Appliance Console
• Troubleshooting Flex Appliance Web Console errors
Modifying Veritas Flex Appliance settings
• Configuring the network
Managing Flex Appliance Users
• Working with Tenants
• Managing Users
• Using Active Directory user credentials with the Flex Appliance
Working with the Flex Appliance
• Managing applications and upgrade packages in the repository
• Creating application instances
• Managing application instances
• Veritas Flex Appliance: Multiple network support
• Instance upgrade
Monitoring the Flex Appliance
• AutoSupport and Call Home
• Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
• Scanning and adding storage
Reconfiguring the Flex Appliance
• Performing a factory reset
Flex Appliance: Upgrades and rollbacks
• Flex Appliance: Upgrades
• Flex Appliance: Rollbacks
View outline in Word