“What AWS Certification Should I Get?” Let’s Break Them Down
An Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications is like a badge of honor. With it, you’re signifying that when it comes to one of the most widely-used and relied-upon cloud systems on planet Earth, you have a serviceable and useful level of expertise. Pat yourself on the back!
Now, if you read that and want to count yourself among those AWS certified specialists, you have your choice of tracks to pursue. But when asking yourself “what AWS certification should I get?”, it’s worth it to look at your interests. There are four primary AWS certification levels: Developer, SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, and Solutions Architect.
Wondering which is the best AWS certification for you? Let’s take a look:
AWS Certified Developer – Associate
After completing this certification, you should have a good understanding of core AWS services and the basic architecture best practices. You should also be able to:
- Design, develop and deploy AWS cloud-based solutions.
- Identify techniques needed to code a cloud solution
- Implement the correct architecture for development and testing environments
- Work with the various Amazon tools and services associated with databases, messaging, workflows and notifications
- Pick the right AWS services for a given application-based on requirements
- Write code for performance optimization of the AWS services utilized by an application
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
Upon completing this certification, you should be able to:
- Deploy, manage and operate scalable, highly available and fault-tolerant AWS systems
- Migrate on-premises systems to AWS
- Implement and control AWS data flow
- Properly select the AWS service that is best for security, data or computing requirements
- Estimate AWS usage costs and identify cost controls
Having one or more years of experience working with AWS systems is required before becoming a candidate for this certification.
AWS DevOps Engineer – Professional
Completing this certification level should provide you with a commanding knowledge of AWS authentication, authorization and accounting. With this certification you will learn:
- Fluency in the administration of advanced roles and group management
- The intricacies of subnets and routing
- Proficiency with advanced networking using IPSec, BGP, Jumbo Frames and Direct Connect
- Development and advanced deployment techniques
- To assess cloud risk, compliance and governance
- Advanced use of cloud formation
- Various tools provided by Amazon for monitoring, maintenance and deployment
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
The associate level of the AWS Solutions Architect certification will prepare you to:
- Formulate architectural best practices for AWS
- Identify cost control measures and estimate AWS costs
- Design data flow to and from AWS
- Select the most appropriate AWS service based on security and data requirements and database design
- Be fluent in the design and application of data security
- Manage the lift and shift of an on-premises architecture to an AWS cloud-based architecture
- Design and deploy highly available, secure, scalable and fault-tolerant AWS systems
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
The Professional Solutions Architect certification is the highest AWS certification. You should be able to perform all of the duties of the previous certifications as well as the ones listed below.
- Identify costs and implement complete cost control strategies
- Design and deploy enterprise level scalable AWS operations
- Be able to formulate and carry out a strategy to migrate complex multi-tier applications to AWS
- Select the correct AWS best practices to design and deploy applications based on the provided requirements
- Design and implement the various networking features of AWS
- Master the design and implementation of AWS connectivity
- Design and deploy dynamically reliable, scalable, fault-tolerant, highly available and secure AWS applications
Did you figure out which is the best AWS certification level for you to pursue? Are you ready to sharpen your pre-existing skills? Contact ONLC today to learn more about our offerings and get signed up.