ADX201: Essentials for New Lightning Experience Administrators Course Outline
Special Note to New Hampshire Residents
This course has not yet been approved by the New Hampshire Department of Education. Please contact us for an update on when the class will be available in New Hampshire.
In this 5-day class designed for new admins, learn about the important tasks and features that Salesforce Administrators encounter daily. Discover Salesforce’s architecture, how to manage users, and how to keep your org secure. Dive into best practices surrounding customization, set up automation to improve efficiency, and create reports and dashboards for data analysis.
Who should take this course?
This class is ideal for new and beginner Salesforce System Administrators, as well as those looking to increase their skills around the configuration, maintenance, and automation of a Salesforce org. This is also a great class for anyone looking to earn their Salesforce Administrator credential.
When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the Salesforce architecture and key terminology.
- Use the application development lifecycle to define the process of managing an app’s development, from design to final release.
- Compare different methods for granting users access to functionality and data.
- Build and customize applications to meet business requirements.
- Describe use cases for data management and validation tools.
- Analyze key performance indicators with reports and dashboards.
- Automate business processes using key features and functionality.
- Leverage the Salesforce ecosystem and resources to implement and maintain your Salesforce org.
Describe the Role of an Administrator
Plan for Success
The Big Picture: All Users
Company Information and Licensing
Fiscal Year and Currency
Organize and Collaborate
Login Security Controls
Feature Access and Object Security
Salesforce Record Access
Teams and Manual Sharing
Customize Standard Functionality
Standard and Custom Fields
Custom Formula Fields
Customize the Existing User Interface (UI)
Tabs and List Views
Buttons, Links, and Actions
Record Types, Business Process, and Path
Create New with Clicks
Create a New Object
Create a New Custom Tab
Create and Deploy a Change Set
Lead and Case Management
Workflow and Approval Process
The Future of Automation: Flow
Build a Flow to Update a Field
Build and Combine Flows
Deploy Flow with a Lightning Component
Order of Execution
Back Up Data
Import, Export, and Update Data
Mass Delete and Mass Transfer
Data Quality and Cleansing Tools
Filters and Formulas
Conditional Formatting and Charts
Exports and Subscriptions
View outline in Word