Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.x: Plan and Implement Course Outline
Special Note to New Hampshire Residents
This course has not yet been approved by the State's Department of Education. Please contact us to get an update as to when the class should be available in New Hampshire.
The Symantec Endpoint Protection 14: Plan and Implement course is designed for the network, IT security, and systems administration professional in a Security Operations position tasked with planning and implementing a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment. This course covers how to architect and size a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment, install or upgrade the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM), benefit from a SEPM disaster recovery plan, and manage replication and failover. The class also covers how to deploy new endpoints and upgrade existing Windows, Mac, and Linux endpoints.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Architect a Symantec Endpoint Protection Environment
• Prepare and deliver a successful Symantec Endpoint Installation
• Build a Disaster plan to ensure successful SEPM backups and restores
• Manage failover and replication
• Deploy endpoint clients
Who Should Attend
This course is for IT and system administration professionals who are charged with planning, installing, and upgrading a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
You must have a working knowledge of advanced computer terminology, including TCP/IP networking terms and Internet terms, and an administrator-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Preparing and Delivering a Successful Symantec Endpoint Protection Implementation
• Architecting and Sizing the Symantec Endpoint Protection Environment
• Installing the SEPM
• Benefiting from a SEPM Disaster Recovery Plan
• Managing Replication and Failover
Discovering Endpoint Client Implementation and Strategies
• Implementing the Best Method to Deploy Windows, Mac, and Linux Endpoints
• Migrating a SEP 12.1.6 client to SEP 14
View outline in Word
Attend hands-on, instructor-led Symantec Endpoint Protection 14.x: Plan and Implement training classes at ONLC's more than 300 locations.
Not near one of our locations? Attend these same live classes from your home/office PC via our Remote Classroom Instruction (RCI) technology.
For additional training options, check out our list of Symantec Courses and select the one that's right for you.