Special Note to New Hampshire Residents
Symantec Data Loss Prevention 15.5: Planning and Implementation Course Outline
This course has not yet been approved by the New Hampshire Department of Education. Please contact us for an update on when the class will be available in New Hampshire.
The Symantec Data Loss Prevention 15.5 Planning and Implementation course provides a basic introduction to Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP) architecture, discusses important design considerations for planning a Symantec DLP implementation, and guides
you through the processes of installing the Symantec DLP Oracle database and the various server and agent components of Symantec DLP.
Video demonstrations show how to install and configure the Oracle database, deploy a Cloud Service for Email cloud detector, configure SaaS email to work with Cloud Service for Email, and deploy a Symantec DLP virtual appliance. Hands-on labs include
exercises for installing the Enforce Server, a Detection Server, an OCR Server, and an Endpoint Agent, and then testing the Symantec DLP environment to verify it can detect policy violations and create incidents. Note that this course is delivered on a
Microsoft Windows platform.
By the end of this course, you will have a fundamental understanding of the important design considerations and processes for planning and executing a successful Symantec DLP 15.5 implementation.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for anyone responsible for planning a Symantec DLP implementation and installing Symantec DLP components.
You must have a working knowledge of Windows server-class operating systems and commands, as well as networking and network security concepts.
Module 1: Understanding Symantec Data Loss Prevention Architecture
• Overview of Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP) products and licensing
• Symantec DLP architecture
• Symantec DLP data flows
Module 2: Design Considerations for Implementing Symantec Data Loss Prevention
• Design considerations for the Symantec DLP database and the Enforce server
• Design considerations for Data in Motion
• Design considerations for Data at Rest
• Design considerations for Data in Use
Module 3: Installing Symantec DLP
• Preparing to install Symantec DLP
• Installing Oracle
• Installing the Enforce Server
• Installing Detection Servers
• Installing OCR Servers
• Installing Endpoint Agents
Module 4: Course Review
• Review of Symantec DLP architecture
• Review of considerations for designing a Symantec DLP implementation
• Review of installing Symantec DLP
View outline in Word