Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11.2 Install,Configure, and Deploy Course Outline
The Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11.2: Install, Configure, and Deploy course is designed for the network, IT security, systems administration, and support professional tasked with maintaining and troubleshooting a Symantec Endpoint Encryption(SEE) environment. This class covers how to install and use Symantec Endpoint Encryption Management Console, installing and configuring the drive encryption client and removable media encryption client, using the CD/DVD burning utility, and integrating with Symantec Data Loss Prevention and Symantec Encryption Management Server,ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting from an administrative perspective, including installation, configuration, reporting, logging, and product maintenance.
Duration Two days
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Perform Symantec Endpoint Encryption server installation.
• Configure connection to an SQL database.
• Configure drive and removable media policies.
• Explain details about drive encryption.
• Understand drive recovery methods;Self Recovery, HelpDesk recovery, Win PE Recovery Utility
• Perform configuration of the various administrative roles.
• Integrate Symantec Data Loss Prevention.
• Integrate Symantec Encryption Management Server for encrypted drive recovery.
• Manage client installations and user settings.
• Troubleshoot server and client issues.
Who Should Attend
The Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11.2: Install, Configure, and Deploy course is for customers, support engineers, consultants, and partners who need to maintain and troubleshoot Symantec Endpoint Encryption.
This course assumes that students have a working knowledge of advanced computer terminology, including TCP/IP networking and Internet terms, administrator-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and IIS, as well as knowledge required to configure SQL.
Module 1: Introduction
• Overview of the product
• Describe the core benefits
• Identify the architecture
• Why encryption is required
• Describe the setup process
Module 2:Symantec Endpoint Encryption Management Server Pre-requisites
• Introducing the SEE Management server
• List the system requirements
• Overview of the pre-requisite software
• Installation and configuration of .NET and IIS
• Installation and configuration of SQL
• Review the required account types
Module 3: Symantec Endpoint Encryption Management Server Installation
• Describe the steps to install the Symantec Endpoint Encryption Management server
Module 4: Post-installation Configuration
• Overview of the process
• Configuring the Web Service
• Configuring Active Directory Integration
• Verifying the installation
• Backup and Recovery
Module 5: Management Console
• Comparing Configuration Manager vs Management Console
• Using the Management console for Administration
• Using the Web Console
Module 6: Server Roles
• Describe the Roles
• Assigning Roles
• Editing Roles
Module 7: Configuring Policies
• Enabling policy options
• Creating policies
• Managing policies
• Deploying Native policies
Module 8: Drive Encryption
• Drive encryption overview
• List supported smart cards and tokens
• Creating the Windows client installation settings
• Configuring Self Recovery
• Creating the Mac FileVault client installation settings
• Introducing Opal drives
• Describe user registration
Module 9: Drive Encryption Recovery
• Configuring Autologon
• Explain the methods of drive recovery
Module 10: Removable Media Encryption
• Overview of the purpose and features
• Encryption policy
• Creating Removable Media Encryption installation package
• Using the Removable Media Encryption Burner
• Integrating with Data Loss Prevention
Module 11: Client Management
• Overview of Management Agent settings
• Configuring Client Administrators
• Describe Server based commands
Module 12: Reporting
• Describe the types of reports
• Accessing reports
• Creating reports
• Customizing the appearance of reports
Module 13: Special Installations
• Managing policies on virtual desktops
• Interfacing with Symantec Encryption Management Server
• Configuring Server-less mode
View outline in Word