Veritas NetBackup Appliances 3.2: Configuration and Management Course Outline
The Veritas NetBackup Appliances 3.2: Configuration and Management course is designed for the IT Professional who is new to appliances and is responsible for configuring the 5330 and 5240 appliances, performing appliance maintenance tasks, operating and managing the appliance and troubleshooting the appliance.
This course covers how to configure the appliances and add storage to the appliances. You learn how the appliances easily integrate into the NetBackup environment and how to run backups and restores. You learn the basics of resolving appliance issues and maintaining the appliances. In addition, you learn about reconfiguring the appliances, configuring CloudCatalyst and deploying a Virtual Appliance.
• 3 days
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Describe key components of the NetBackup Appliances hardware and software.
• Configure the NetBackup Appliance.
• Integrate appliances into the NetBackup environment, run backups and restores.
• Resolve appliance issues with troubleshooting tools.
• Monitor appliance health.
• Update appliance software.
• Maintain the appliances.
• Reconfigure the appliances.
• Configure and maintain CloudCatalyst.
• Deploying Virtual Appliances.
Who Should Attend
This course is for customers and partners new to appliances and front-line technical support personnel who are responsible for configuring the 5330 and 5240 appliances, performing appliance maintenance tasks, operating and managing the appliance and troubleshooting the appliance.
You must have working knowledge of Veritas NetBackup. It would be beneficial to have some knowledge about Veritas NetBackup Appliances, networking, and storage concepts.
NetBackup Appliances: Introduction and Overview
• NetBackup Appliance family overview
• NetBackup Appliance software overview
• NetBackup Appliance hardware overview
Configuring the Appliance
• Pre-Configuration Checklist and other considerations
• Accessing the Appliance Web Console
• Initial configuration tasks using the Appliance Web Console and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu
• Remote configuration using Veritas Remote Management (VRM)
• Appliance Management Server
• Appliance configuration validation
Performing Appliance Operations
• Integrating Appliances in a NetBackup Environment
• Performing Backups and Restores with Appliances
• Running Backup Reports
• Configuring appliance shares
• Working with Oracle Copilot
• Instant Access for VMware
Appliance Troubleshooting and Tools
• Appliance Online Resources
• Appliance Physical Inspection
• Resolving Common Hardware Faults
• Veritas NetBackup 5240 Appliance: Hardware
Monitoring Appliance Health
• Monitoring with OpsCenter
• Monitoring with the Appliance Web Console and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu (CLISH)
• Monitoring with Veritas Remote Management
Updating Appliance Software
• NetBackup Appliance software version 3.2 Upgrade: Overview
• Upgrading the appliance
• Appliance Management Console overview
• Configuring an appliance as an Appliance Management Server
• Managing appliances with the Appliance Management Console
• NetBackup client upgrades with VxUpdate.
Performing Appliance Maintenance Tasks
• Managing AutoSupport alerts
• Setting the Login Banner
• Configuring a NetBackup CLI User
• Configuring LDAP and AD Authentication
• Adding a Storage Shelf
• Maintaining appliance security
• Configuring SAN Client and Fibre channel replication
Reconfiguring an Appliance
• Appliance Resets
• Appliance Reimaging
• Migrating to a New Appliance
• Decommissioning an Appliance
Working with the CloudCatalyst 5240
• NetBackup CloudCatalyst Appliance Overview
• Configuring a Linux media server as a CloudCatalyst storage server
• Configuring a NetBackup CloudCatalyst Appliance
• Setting up NetBackup CloudCatalyst in AWS
• Performing duplication and backup operations to CloudCatalyst
• Maintaining a NetBackup CloudCatalyst Appliance.
Working with Virtual Appliances
• Virtual Appliances Overview and Use Cases
• Differences Between Virtual and Physical Appliances
• Pre-configuration Tasks
• Deploying a NetBackup Virtual Appliance
• Configuring a NetBackup Virtual Appliance
• Additional Configuration Tasks
Appendix A: Clustering NetBackup 53xx Appliances
• High Availability Overview
• Installation and Configuration
• AutoSupport for High Availability
Appendix B: NetBackup 5240 Appliance
• NetBackup 5240 Appliance Overview
• NetBackup 5240 Appliance Physical Status Indicators
• NetBackup 5240 Maintenance Tasks
Appendix C: NetBackup 5340 Appliance
• NetBackup 5340 Appliance Overview
• NetBackup 5340 Appliance Physical Status Indicators
• NetBackup 5340 Maintenance Tasks
View outline in Word