Veritas APTARE IT Analytics 10.3: Administration Training Course Outline
Acquire the skills to gain unified insights for multi-vendor backup, storage, and virtual infrastructure in heterogeneous IT environments with the Veritas APTARE IT Analytics 10.3: Administration course. You will learn the general principles, deployment,
configuration, and management of APTARE IT Analytics, how to best utilize it for comprehensive IT analytics, and to deliver actionable insights through a single-pane-of-glass across on-premises, hybrid, and multi cloud environments.
5 days, including 6 months of lab access
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Describe the functionality of APTARE IT Analytics and how it works in Cloud and On-premise environments.
• Describe the license structure for the Data Protection and the Storage Management suite.
• Install the Portal on a Windows and Linux server.
• Install and work with APTARE IT Analytics Data Collectors.
• Manage and monitor Hosts, Backup Servers, and Host Groups.
• Collect data for Capacity and the Cloud.
• Collect data for Backup and Virtualization.
• Create different types of reports and report templates, manage, schedule and organize reports.
• Work with and manage Alert policies.
• Manage and monitor APTARE IT Analytics.
• Provide an overview of the Storage Optimization solution and Risk Mitigation solution.
• Create a Dynamic Template using the Dynamic Template Designer.
• Describe the functionality and use of the SQL Template Designer.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, and support of APTARE IT Analytics.
Students should be familiar with network, backup, storage, cloud (on-premises, hybrid, and multi cloud environments), and database concepts. Administration and configuration of
Windows or Linux operating systems is required. Knowledge of IT Analytics is not required, but preferred.
Introducing APTARE IT Analytics
• APTARE IT Analytics: Overview
• APTARE IT Analytics: Architecture and components
Getting Acquainted with APTARE IT Analytics Licensing
• Licensed Modules
• APTARE IT Analytics: Licensing Overview
Installing the APTARE IT Analytics Portal
• APTARE Portal Sizing
• Installing the Portal on a Linux Server
• Installing the Portal on a Windows Server
• Portal Server Ports
Installing the APTARE IT Analytics Data Collectors
• APTARE IT Analytics Data Collector Sizing
• Installing the Data Collector on a Windows Server
• Installing the Data Collector on a Linux Server
• Data Collector Server Ports
• Uninstalling the Data Collector
Working with APTARE IT Analytics Portal
• Understanding the APTARE IT Analytics Portal
• Understanding Inventory
• Providing Portal Access and User Authentication
Managing Hosts, Backup Servers and Host Groups
• Hosts, Backup Servers and Host Groups
• Managing Attributes and Objects
Installing the Collecting Data for Capacity and the Cloud
• Data Collection for Capacity Overview
• Configuring Data Collection for Capacity (NetApp)
• Configuring File Analytics Data Collection
• Analyzing Files
Installing the Collecting Data for Backup
• Data Collection: Overview
• Configuring Data Collection for Veritas Backup Exec
• Configuring Data Collection for Veritas NetBackup
• Discovery Policies for Veritas NetBackup
Installing the Collecting Data for Virtualization
• Configuring Data Collection for VMware
• Configuring Data Collection for Microsoft Hyper-V
Getting Acquainted with Reports
• Working with Reports
• Generating Reports
• Maintaining Reports
Sharing, Scheduling and Organizing Reports
• Distributing, Sharing, Scheduling and Alerting
• Organizing Reports
• Understanding Report Data Caching
Viewing and Using Alerts
• Working with Alerts
• Managing Alert Notifications
Managing and Monitoring APTARE IT Analytics
• Configuring Master Schedules and Backup Windows
• Adding Policies
• Customizing with Advanced Parameters
• Managing the Portal Environment
• Managing and Monitoring Data Collection
• Storage Optimization Solution
• Risk Mitigation Solution
Working with the Dynamic Template Designer
• Working with the Dynamic Template Designer
• Configuring Different Dynamic Templates
Working with the SQL Template Designer
• Working with the SQL Template Designer
• SQL Template Designer: Advanced Options
Appendix A: APTARE Log Files, Supported Configurations, and Rules
• Portal Server Log Files
• Data Collector Log Files
• Data Collection - Host Resources Supported Configurations
• Data Collection for Backup: Backup Solutions and Versions
• Storage Optimization Rules and Logic
• Risk Mitigation Rules
• Configuring Different Dynamic Templates
View outline in Word