Symantec eDiscovery Platform 8.0: For Users Course Outline
The Symantec eDiscovery Platform 8.0: For Users course is designed for legal professionals that perform Electronic Discovery on Electronically Stored Information. The course concentrates on the Preservation, Analysis, and
Production stages of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM).
After completing this course, you will be able to:
Who Should Attend
- Describe the basics of eDiscovery and the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)
- Explain how data is discovered and collected.
- Describe early case assessment and data culling.
- Describe Symantec eDiscovery basic and advanced search capabilities.
- Setup and send Legal Hold Notices.
- Manage Legal Holds.
- Perform a variety of searches.
- Organize data with tags and folders.
- Review setup and management.
- Perform redaction.
- Use the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) feature for documents containing imbedded text.
- Understand reporting and exception handling.
- Print, export, and produce documents in Symantec eDiscovery.
- Describe the basics of Transparent Predictive Coding.
This course is for customers, support engineers, consultants, and partners who need to maintain and use the Symantec eDiscovery Platform. The course is designed for the users of the Symantec eDiscovery Platform, such as; Attorneys or Paralegals who perform eDiscovery legal hold, searches and export or productions.
There are no required prerequisites. To get the most out of the training session, however, Symantec strongly suggests that you have a basic understanding of electronic discovery and the Symantec eDiscovery Platform. If you are new to electronic discovery or Symantec eDiscovery Platform, Symantec recommends the following options to facilitate a more effective experience:
- Review the Symantec eDiscovery Platform Reviewer QuickStart Guide, and the User Guide. Symantec eDiscovery Platform 8 documentation
- View online training and general information about electronic discovery at www.edrm.net.
1: Introduction to Electronic Discovery
2: Introduction to Symantec eDiscovery
- Electronic Discovery (eDiscovery)
- EDRM overview
- How data is discovered and collected
3: Legal Holds and Sending Hold Notices
- Symantec eDiscovery appliance overview
- Symantec eDiscovery Login and UI fundamentals
- All Cases area and create new cases
- High-level workflows with Symantec eDiscovery
4: Customizing Notices and Managing Confirmations
- Overview of legal hold
- Creating and sending hold notices
5: Legal Hold Tracking and Management
- Customizing notice language and surveys
- Managing custodian confirmations
6: Tags and Folders
- Legal hold tracking and release
- Setup and maintenance activities
7: Document List, Filters and Analytics
- Bulk operations
8: Advanced Searching
- Document List page
- Search filters
- Analysis tools
9: Review Mode and Review Management
- Advanced search
- Keyword search
- Saved search
- Concept search
- Audio Search
10: Exporting Data: Native Only and Metadata Exports
- Review mode
- Review management
11: Creating and Exporting Productions</li>
- Export workflow
- Native Only export
- Metadata export
12: Transparent Predictive Coding Survey (Optional)
- Production definition and workflow
- Creating productions
- Exporting productions
View outline in Word
- Basics of Transparent Predictive Coding
Attend hands-on, instructor-led Symantec eDiscovery Platform 8.0: For Users training classes at ONLC's more than 300 locations.
Not near one of our locations? Attend these same live classes from your home/office PC via our Remote Classroom Instruction (RCI) technology.
For additional training options, check out our list of Symantec Courses and select the one that's right for you.