Veritas Resiliency Platform 3.1: Administration Course Outline
The Veritas Resiliency Platform 3.1: Administration course is intended for the IT professional tasked with designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining Veritas Resiliency Platform (VRP) in multiple Enterprise Data Centers and multi-cloud
environments. This course covers deployment and implementation of Veritas Resiliency Platform. You learn about creating and deploying all Veritas Resiliency Platform components. You also learn how to integrate Veritas Resiliency Platform with NetBackup as
well as how to use AWS, vCloud, and Azure as Veritas Resiliency Platform disaster recovery targets.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Deploy Veritas Resiliency Platform.
• Create and configure Infrastructure Management Servers (IMS), Resiliency Managers (RM), Resiliency Domains, and Resiliency Groups (RG).
• Use a YUM repository to perform updates.
• Configure authentication domains, users, and groups.
• Activate, manage, and apply service objectives.
• Deploy Data Mover gateways.
• Integrate NetBackup in Veritas Resiliency Platform.
• Configure and restore virtual machines (VM)s from NetBackup generated backup images.
• Configure replication of Hyper-V and VMware VMs.
• Perform disaster recovery of VMs and applications.
• Perform rehearsals to test disaster recovery.
• Configure and manage Virtual Business Services (VBS).
• Configure and manage a resiliency plan.
• Use AWS, vCloud, and Azure as disaster recovery targets.
• Perform troubleshooting tasks using logs and tools.
Who Should Attend
This course is for UNIX/Linux system architects, system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, network/SAN administrators, and systems integration/development staff who will be designing, installing, operating, and/or integrating
Veritas Resiliency Platform.
You must have working knowledge of data center operations, storage replication technologies, disaster recovery operations, virtualization technologies, and Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Overview of Veritas Resiliency Platform Architecture
• Terminology and architecture overview
• Veritas Resiliency Platform components
Virtual Appliance Deployment
• Deploying virtual appliances
• Bootstrapping virtual appliances
• KLISH menu
Veritas Resiliency Platform Basic Configuration
• Getting Started Wizard
• Adding IMS
• Veritas Resiliency Platform console
Veritas Resiliency Platform YUM Server
• Updating Veritas Resiliency Platform
• Veritas Resiliency Platform YUM Appliance
Licensing & Identity Management
• Identity management
Veritas Resiliency Platform Concepts
• Host assets
• Service objectives
InfoScale – VCS Support
• InfoScale support
• Managing InfoScale assets
Veritas Resiliency Platform Data Mover
• Introducing the Veritas Resiliency Platform Data Mover
• Deploying the Veritas Resiliency Platform Data Mover
• NetBackup Support
• Configuring RG with NBU VMs
• Restoring NBU VMs
Network and DNS Customization
• Network objects
• Network customization
• DNS customization
• Supported replication technology
• Configuring replication for Hyper-V and VMware
• Managing virtual machines
• Managing applications
• Application bundles
• Virtual machine rehearsal
• Application rehearsal
Virtual Business Services
• VBS concepts
• Managing VBS
• Resiliency plan concepts
• Managing a resiliency plan
• AWS support
• AWS Data Gateway
• vCloud support
• Azure support
Veritas Resiliency Platform Services
• Alerts and notifications
Tools and Diagnostics
• The loggather tool
View outline in Word