Special Note to New Hampshire Residents
MOC On-Demand: 20745-Implementing a Software-Defined Datacenter Course Outline
This course has not yet been approved by the New Hampshire Department of Education. Please contact us for an update on when the class will be available in New Hampshire.
- Exam 70-745 is scheduled to retire June 30, 2020 -
*** Note: This is an On-Demand Self Study Class, 5-days of content, 90-days unlimited access, $995 ***
You can take this class at any time; there are no set dates. It covers the same content as the 5-day instructor-led class of the same name. The cost for this MOC On-Demand class is $995. (Applicable State and Local taxes may be added for On-Demand purchases, depending on your location.) Microsoft Enterprise customers paying with Software Assurance Vouchers, see SATV Payment note below.
MOC On-Demand Learner Profiles
MOC On-Demand is a self-study training solution that was designed for two types of learners. First, MOC On-Demand is a great fit for experienced IT professionals who don't need a traditional 5-day class to upgrade their existing skills. They can pick and choose topics to make the most effective use of their time. Second, MOC On-Demand is perfect for highly-motivated individuals who are new to a technology and need to space their learning over a period of weeks or months. These learners can take their time and repeat sections as needed until they master the new concepts.
About MOC On-Demand
Our MOC On-Demand classes are self-study courses with 30 to 40 hours of content. They include hours of videos, hands-on labs using the actual software, and knowledge checks and were created by Microsoft to mirror the content found in the traditional live instructor-led version of this course. Those features are all part of the standard MOC On-Demand training. But don't settle for the standard MOC On-Demand class! Check out the "ONLC Extras" that you get when purchasing this course from us.
ONLC Training Centers bundles in valuable extras with our MOC On-Demand Courses. These items are not available from other training companies.
Courseware After the Course.
Get the digital courseware that is used in the live, instructor-led version of this class. While the MOC On-Demand access goes away after 90 days, you will have access to the "extra" digital courseware for an unlimited period of time.
24/7 Online Support.
You will be able to chat online with a content matter expert while you are taking your MOC On-Demand class. And, with your permission, the expert can even take over your computer to provide with assistance with your labs.
These add-ons are available exclusively by ONLC Training Centers and are offered to you at an additional cost.
Certification Pak, $150.
Interested in obtaining certification? Get a Transcender practice exam and a Microsoft exam voucher at this reduced price.
ILT Listener, $250.
Want to listen in and follow along with a live Instructor-Led Training (ILT) class? We offer this option for individuals on a limited budget who have time during the day to hear a live class in progress. ILT Listeners have access to their online support chat expert during the class but they do not have direct access to the live instructor.
ILT Participant, $ Varies.
You've purchased MOC On-Demand, have gone through the training and decided that you still want a live class. Just pay difference between MOC On-Demand course and and the Instructor-Led Training (ILT) class and you can have a seat in our live class. Get both self-study and live, instructor-led training for the retail price of the instructor-led class alone!
Paying with Software Assurance Training Vouchers (SATV)
For Microsoft Enterprise customers paying with Software Assurance Vouchers, the cost of this class is 5 vouchers--this includes access to the self-study materials, the student workbook, 24/7 access to an online expert, and a corresponding exam voucher, if applicable, upon request.
Do You Still Prefer a Live, Instructor-led Class?
Already know MOC On-Demand is not right for you? We also offer this same course content in a live, instructor-led format. For more details, click on the link below:
This five-day course explains how to implement and manage virtualization infrastructure in a software-defined datacenter by using System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager. The course also describes how to monitor the infrastructure by using System Center Operations Manager and protect it by using Data Protection Manager.
This course is intended for IT professionals and administrators who are responsible for designing, implementing, and managing virtualization infrastructure in a software-defined datacenter by using System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager. The main focus of this course is on managing Hyper-V virtualization infrastructure in Windows Server 2016, although the course also covers other virtualization platforms that can be managed by using Virtual Machine Manager 2016.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
• An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
• An understanding of different storage technologies and concepts
• Familiarity with different types of virtualizations
• Familiarity with Windows Server and Windows Server administration
• An understanding of Windows PowerShell
Students should have the ability to work in a team/virtual team and possess good documentation and communication skills.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
• 20740 - Storage & Compute with Windows Server 2016
• 20741 - Networking with Windows Server 2016
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Explain the different virtualization options.
• Install and manage Hyper-V on Windows Server 2016.
• Install and configure System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager.
• Manage storage fabric and fabric updates.
• Configure and manage the Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects.
• Manage the networking fabric.
• Create and manage virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager.
• Manage clouds in Virtual Machine Manager.
• Manage services in Virtual Machine Manager.
• Monitor a virtualization infrastructure by using System Center Operations Manager.
• Implement and manage Hyper-V Replica and Azure Site Recovery.
• Protect virtualization infrastructure by using Data Protection Manager.
Module 1: Introduction to server virtualization
This module explains the different virtualization solutions. It also describes the concepts of software-defined datacenter and Microsoft Azure.
• Overview of Microsoft Virtualization
• Introduction to the software-defined datacenter
• Extending virtualization to the cloud
Lab : Evaluating virtualization options
• Selecting the appropriate virtualization method
• Creating Azure virtual machines
Module 2: Overview of Hyper-V virtualization
This module explains how to install and manage Hyper-V in Windows Server 2016.
• Installing and configuring the Hyper-V role
• Creating and managing virtual hard disks and virtual machines
• Creating and using Hyper-V virtual switches
• Implementing failover clustering with Hyper-V
Lab : Creating and managing virtual hard disks and virtual machines
• Installing and configuring the Hyper-V server role
• Creating a Nano Server virtual machine
• Configuring virtual machines and virtual hard disks
Lab : Implementing failover clustering with Hyper-V
• Creating a Hyper-V failover cluster
• Managing a Hyper-V failover cluster
Module 3: Installing and configuring System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager
This module explains how to install and configure System Center 2016 VMM for managing a virtualization environment.
• Overview of System Center 2016 VMM
• Installing System Center 2016 VMM
• Adding hosts and managing host groups
Lab : Installing and configuring System Center 2016
• Installing and configuring System Center 2016
• Managing hosts and host groups
• Managing an Azure subscription by using VMM
Module 4: Managing storage fabric and fabric updates
This module explains how to manage storage fabric and fabric updates in VMM.
• Overview of server virtualization storage technologies
• Managing storage fabric
• Managing fabric updates
Lab : Managing storage fabric and fabric updates
• Implementing a storage infrastructure
• Creating a file server cluster and a storage QoS policy
• Managing fabric updates
Module 5: Configuring and managing the Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects
This module describes how to configure and manage VMM library and library objects. It also describes the differences between profiles and templates and how they are used.
• Overview of the VMM library
• Preparing Windows for deployment in VMM
• Working with profiles
• Working with virtual machine templates
Lab : Configuring and managing VMM library and library objects
• Configuring and managing a VMM library
• Creating a Windows image for the VMM library
• Creating and managing profiles and templates
Module 6: Managing the networking fabric
This module explains how to manage networking fabric in VMM.
• Networking concepts in VMM
• Managing Software-Defined Networking
• Understanding network function virtualization
Lab : Creating and configuring the networking fabric
• Associating virtual network adapters of Hyper-V hosts
• Deploying Network Controller
Lab : Configuring and testing Hyper-V Network Virtualization
• Configuring Hyper-V Network Virtualization
• Provisioning and testing tenant virtual machine networks
Module 7: Creating and managing virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager
This module explains how to create and manage virtual machines by using VMM.
• Virtual machine management tasks
• Creating, cloning, and converting virtual machines
Lab : Creating and managing virtual machines by using System Center 2016 VMM
• Creating a virtual machine and modifying its properties
• Creating and managing checkpoints
• Cloning and migrating a virtual machine
Module 8: Managing clouds in System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager
This module explains how to create and manage clouds by using VMM.
• Introduction to clouds
• Creating and managing a cloud
• Creating user roles in VMM
Lab : Managing clouds in System Center 2016 VMM
• Creating a private cloud
• Creating user roles
• Create and manage cloud services.
• Create user roles in VMM.
Module 9: Managing services in Virtual Machine Manager
This module explains how to create and manage services in VMM.
• Overview of services in VMM
• Creating and managing services in VMM
Lab : Managing services in VMM
• Creating a service template
• Deploying a service and updating service template
• Scaling out service and updating the service
Module 10: Monitoring a virtualization infrastructure by using System Center Operations Manager
This module explains how to use Operations Manager for monitoring virtualization infrastructure.
• Operations Manager architecture and security
• Using Operations Manager for monitoring and reporting
• Integrating Operations Manager with VMM and DPM
Lab : Monitoring a virtualization infrastructure by using Operations Manager
• Implementing the Operations Manager agents
• Integrating Operations Manager with VMM
Module 11: Implementing and managing Hyper-V Replica and Azure Site Recovery
This module explains how to implement and manage Hyper-V Replica and Azure Site Recovery
• Implementing and managing Hyper-V Replica
• Implementing and managing Azure Site Recovery
Lab : Implementing and managing Hyper-V Replica and Azure Site Recovery
• Configuring and Managing Hyper-V Replica
• Configuring and Managing Azure Site Recovery
Module 12: Protecting a virtualization infrastructure by using Data Protection Manager
This module explains how to use DPM for protecting virtualization infrastructure.
• Overview of backup and restore options for virtual machines
• Configuring and managing DPM for virtualization infrastructure protection
Lab : Protecting virtualization infrastructure by using DPM
• Configuring a DPM server and installing DPM protection agents
• Creating and configuring protection groups
• Recovering VMs and other data
• Providing online protection with DPM
View outline in Word