MOC On-Demand: 20532-Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions Course Outline
*** Note: This is an On-Demand Self Study Class, 4-days of content, $995 ***
You can take this class at any time; there are no set dates. It covers the same content as the 4-day instructor-led class of the same name. The cost for this MOC On-Demand class is $995. (Microsoft Enterprise customers paying with Software Assurance Vouchers, see SATV Payment note below.) In all cases, customers must call us directly to purchase this class at 800-288-8221.
MOC On-Demand Learner Profiles
MOC On-Demand is a self-study training solution that was designed for two types of learners. First, MOC On-Demand is a great fit for experienced IT professionals who don't need a traditional 5-day class to upgrade their existing skills. They can pick and choose topics to make the most effective use of their time. Second, MOC On-Demand is perfect for highly-motivated individuals who are new to a technology and need to space their learning over a period of weeks or months. These learners can take their time and repeat sections as needed until they master the new concepts.
About MOC On-Demand
Our MOC On-Demand classes are self-study courses with 30 to 40 hours of content. They include hours of videos, hands-on labs using the actual software, and knowledge checks and were created by Microsoft to mirror the content found in the traditional live instructor-led version of this course. Those features are all part of the standard MOC On-Demand training. But don't settle for the standard MOC On-Demand class! Check out the "ONLC Extras" that you get when purchasing this course from us.
ONLC Training Centers bundles in valuable extras with our MOC On-Demand Courses. These items are not available from other training companies.
Courseware After the Course.
Get the digital courseware that is used in the live, instructor-led version of this class. While the MOC On-Demand access goes away after 90 days, you will have access to the "extra" digital courseware for an unlimited period of time.
24/7 Online Support.
You will be able to chat online with a content matter expert while you are taking your MOC On-Demand class. And, with your permission, the expert can even take over your computer to provide with assistance with your labs.
These add-ons are available exclusively by ONLC Training Centers and are offered to you at an additional cost.
90-Day Extension, $300.
Need more time? Get another 90 days of access to your MOC On-Demand class, complete with labs, videos and knowledge checks.
Certification Pak, $150.
Interested in obtaining certification? Get a Transcender practice exam and a Microsoft exam voucher at this reduced price.
ILT Listener, $250.
Want to listen in and follow along with a live Instructor-Led Training (ILT) class? We offer this option for individuals on a limited budget who have time during the day to hear a live class in progress. ILT Listeners have access to their online support chat expert during the class but they do not have direct access to the live instructor.
ILT Participant, $ Varies.
You've purchased MOC On-Demand, have gone through the training and decided that you still want a live class. Just pay difference between MOC On-Demand course and and the Instructor-Led Training (ILT) class and you can have a seat in our live class. Get both self-study and live, instructor-led training for the retail price of the instructor-led class alone!
Paying with Software Assurance Training Vouchers (SATV)
For Microsoft Enterprise customers paying with Software Assurance Vouchers, the cost of this class is 4 vouchers--this includes access to the self-study materials, the student workbook, 24/7 access to an online expert, and a corresponding exam voucher, if applicable, upon request.
Do You Still Prefer a Live, Instructor-led Class?
Already know MOC On-Demand is not right for you? We also offer this same course content in a live, instructor-led format. For more details, click on the link below:
This course is intended for students who have experience building vertically scaled applications. Students will also have experience with the Microsoft Azure platform and a basic understanding of the services offered.
This course offers students the opportunity to take an existing ASP.NET MVC application and expand its functionality as part of moving it to Azure. This course focuses on the considerations necessary when building a highly available solution in the cloud. This course also prepares the students for the 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions certification exam.
The candidates targeted by this training have basic experience in implementing and monitoring Microsoft Azure solutions. Candidates are also proficient with the development tools, techniques and approaches used to build application solutions.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Compare the services available in the Azure platform.
• Configure and deploy ASP.NET web applications.
• Creating Azure WebSites from the gallery.
• Deploying and monitoring Azure WebSites.
• Creating and configuring Azure Virtual Machines.
• Describe the relationship between Cloud Services and Virtual Machines.
• Deploy existing Cloud Service packages.
• Create and manage a Storage account.
• Manage blobs and containers in a Storage account.
• Create, configure and connect to a SQL Databases instance.
• Identify the implications of importing a SQL Standalone database.
• Manage users, groups and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance.
• Create a virtual network.
• Implement a point to site network.
Before attending this course, students must have experience working with the Azure platform. They will also have a general understanding of ASP.NET and C# concepts for the lab scenario. Candidates experience can include:
• Compare services available in the Azure platform
• Configure and deploy ASP.NET web applications
• Creating Azure WebSites from the gallery
• Deploying and monitoring Azure WebSites
• Creating and configuring Azure Virtual Machines
• Describe the relationship between Cloud Services and Virtual Machines
• Deploy existing Cloud Service packages
• Create and manage a Storage account
• Manage blobs and containers in a Storage account
• Create, configure and connect to a SQL Databases instance
• Identify the implications of importing a SQL Standalone database
• Manage users, groups and subscriptions in an Azure Active Directory instance
• Create a virtual network
• Implement a point to site network
Module 1: Development using the Microsoft Azure Platform
In this module, students will review the services available in the Azure platform and the Management Portals used to manage the service instances.
• Azure Services
• Management Portals
Module 2: Establishing a Development Environment using Azure Virtual Machines
In this module, students will learn about Virtual Machine hosting options available in Azure. Students will be able to deploy custom workloads to an Azure Virtual Machine, manage the VM and its images and also monitor VMs.
• Constructing Azure Virtual Machines
• Azure Virtual Machine Workloads
• Migrating Azure Virtual Machine Instances
Lab : Creating an Azure Virtual Machine for Development & Testing
• Create a Logical Network using Azure
• Create a Development Virtual Machine using Azure
• Configure the Virtual Machine for Development
• Create an Image from the Virtual Machine
Module 3: Managing Infrastructure in Azure
In this module, students will explore the Infrastructure components in Azure. Students will be able to describe Virtual Networks and understand the relationship between the VNETs and the different services offered in Azure. Students will also be able to add Cloud Services and Virtual Machines to VNETs. Finally students will scale multiple instances of services in a VNET.
• Azure Virtual Networks
• Highly Available Azure Virtual Machines
• Virtual Machine Configuration Management
• Customizing Azure Virtual Machine Networking
Lab : Managing Multiple Virtual Machines in a Virtual Network
• Create the Database Virtual Machine
• Create the Application Virtual Machines
• Connect the Test Application to the SQL Server Virtual Machine
• Modify the Application Virtual Machine into a Web Server
Module 4: Web Infrastructure in the Azure Platform
In this module, students will learn how to create and host a simple website using Azure Web Sites. Students will also learn how to monitor and manage the website using the Management Portal.
• Azure Web Sites
• Hosting Web Applications in Azure
• Configuring an Azure Web Site
• Publishing an Azure Web Site
• Monitoring an Azure Web Site
Lab : Creating an ASP.NET Web Site Using Azure Web Sites
• Create an Azure Web Site
• Deploy an ASP.NET Web Application to a Azure Web Site
• Configure an Azure Web Site
Module 5: Designing Cloud Applications for Resiliency
This module covers the common practices and patterns for building resilient and scalable web applications that will be hosted in Azure.
• Application Design Practices for Highly Available Applications
• Building High Performance Applications using ASP.NET
• Common Cloud Application Patterns
• Caching Application Data
Module 6: Processing Background Logic using Azure
In this module, students will learn how to use Cloud Service Worker Roles and Web Sites Web Jobs to process data in the background. Students will also be able to use Cloud Service Cache Roles to store data in the cache.
• Understanding Cloud Services
• Cloud Service Web Roles
• Customizing Cloud Service Configurations
• Updating and Managing Azure Cloud Service Deployments
• Cloud Service Worker Roles
• Cloud Service Worker Role Processing
• Caching Data using Roles
• Analyzing Applications in Cloud Service Role Instances
Lab : Creating a Background Process Using Azure Worker Roles
• Create a C# Class Library
• Add the Class Library to a Cloud Service Project
• Debug Worker Roles in a Cloud Service Project
Module 7: Storing Tabular Data in Azure
In this module, students will be able to use Azure SQL Databases to store and retrieve data. Students will also learn how to store data in Azure Table Storage.
• Azure SQL Databases Overview
• Managing SQL Databases in Azure
• Using Azure SQL Databases with SQL Server Data Tools
• Migrating Data to Azure SQL Databases
• Replication and Recovery of Azure SQL Database Instances
• Azure Storage Overview
• Azure Storage Tables Overview
• Table Entity Transactions
Lab : Storing Event Data in Azure SQL Databases
• Creating an Azure SQL Instance
• Using Entity Framework with Azure SQL
Lab : Storing Event Registration Data in Azure Storage Tables
• Populating the Sign-In Form with Registrant Names
• Updating the Events Website to use Storage Tables
• Verify that the Events Web Site is using Azure Storage Tables for Registrations
Module 8: Storing Files and Media in Azure
In this module, students will learn how to store and access multimedia files in Azure using Blob Storage.
• Azure Storage Blobs
• Controlling Access to Storage Blobs & Containers
• Monitoring Storage Blobs
• Configuring Azure Storage Accounts
• Azure Files
• Uploading and Migrating Storage Data
Lab : Storing Generated Documents in Azure Storage Blobs
• Implement Azure Storage Blobs
• Populating the Container with Files and Media
• Retrieving Files and Media From the Container
• Specifying Permissions for the Container
Module 9: Storing Data in Queues using Azure
In this module, students will use Azure Queue Storage to queue data for asynchronous processing. Students will also be able to identify the Service Bus offerings and identify which ones to use in appropriate scenarios. Students will be able to use the Azure Service Bus Relay to connect on-premise services with client applications.
• Queue Mechanisms in Azure
• Azure Storage Queues Overview
• Handling Storage Queue Messages
• Azure Service Bus
• Azure Service Bus Queues
• Azure Service Bus Relay
• Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs
Lab : Using Queues and Service Bus to Manage Communication Between Web Applications in Azure
• Create an Azure Service Bus Namespace
• Use Azure Queue Storage For Document Generation
• Use Service Bus Queues for Document Generation
• Use Service Bus Relay to Connect a WCF Service and Client[s]
Module 10: Automating Integration with Azure Resources
In this module, students will explore the options for Automating their interactions with Azure Resources.
• Azure SDK Client Libraries
• Scripting Azure Service Management using PowerShell
• Azure REST Interface
• Azure Resource Manager
Lab : Automating the Creation of a Test Environment using PowerShell
• Prepare Azure PowerShell Environment
• Use PowerShell to Create and Access a Website
• Use a Resource Template to Create Multiple Pre-Configured Resources
Module 11: Implementing Security in Web Applications using Azure
In this module, students will be able to use Azure Active Directory to implement security in a Cloud web application.
• Azure Active Directory
• Azure AD Directories
• Azure AD Access Control Service
• Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication
Lab : Integrating Azure Active Director with the Events Administration Portal
• Create an Azure AD Directory
• Secure an Existing ASP.NET Web Application
• Integrate Azure AD with ASP.NET Identity
Module 12: Deploying Web Applications to Azure
In this module, students will be able to deploy web applications to Azure by using WebDeploy and Service Packages.
• Deployment Strategies for Web Applications
• Deploying Azure Web Sites
• Deploying Azure Cloud Services
• Continuous Integration
• Monitoring Cloud Applications
Lab : Deploying the Events Web Application to Azure
• Create the Target Azure Services for Deployment
• Manage Configuration Settings for a Cloud Web Application
• Deploy the Web Applications to Azure
• Monitor the Web Applications in Azure
View outline in Word