MOC On-Demand: 20412-Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services Course Outline
*** Note: This is an On-Demand Self-Study Class, 5 days of content, $995 ***
You can take this class at any time; there are no set dates. It covers the same content as the 5-day instructor-led class of the same name. The cost for this MOC On-Demand class is $995. (Microsoft Enterprise customers paying with Software Assurance Vouchers, see SATV Payment note below.) In all cases, customers must call us directly to purchase this class at 800-288-8221.
MOC On-Demand Learner Profiles
MOC On-Demand is a self-study training solution that was designed for two types of learners. First, MOC On-Demand is a great fit for experienced IT professionals who don't need a traditional 5-day class to upgrade their existing skills. They can pick and choose topics to make the most effective use of their time. Second, MOC On-Demand is perfect for highly-motivated individuals who are new to a technology and need to space their learning over a period of weeks or months. These learners can take their time and repeat sections as needed until they master the new concepts.
About MOC On-Demand
Our MOC On-Demand classes are self-study courses with 30 to 40 hours of content. They include hours of videos, hands-on labs using the actual software, and knowledge checks and were created by Microsoft to mirror the content found in the traditional live instructor-led version of this course. Those features are all part of the standard MOC On-Demand training. But don't settle for the standard MOC On-Demand class! Check out the "ONLC Extras" that you get when purchasing this course from us.
ONLC Training Centers bundles in valuable extras with our MOC On-Demand Courses. These items are not available from other training companies.
Courseware After the Course.
Get the digital courseware that is used in the live, instructor-led version of this class. While the MOC On-Demand access goes away after 90 days, you will have access to the "extra" digital courseware for an unlimited period of time.
24/7 Online Support.
You will be able to chat online with a content matter expert while you are taking your MOC On-Demand class. And, with your permission, the expert can even take over your computer to provide with assistance with your labs.
These add-ons are available exclusively by ONLC Training Centers and are offered to you at an additional cost.
90-Day Extension, $300.
Need more time? Get another 90 days of access to your MOC On-Demand class, complete with labs, videos and knowledge checks.
Certification Pak, $150.
Interested in obtaining certification? Get a Transcender practice exam and a Microsoft exam voucher at this reduced price.
ILT Listener, $250.
Want to listen in and follow along with a live Instructor-Led Training (ILT) class? We offer this option for individuals on a limited budget who have time during the day to hear a live class in progress. ILT Listeners have access to their online support chat expert during the class but they do not have direct access to the live instructor.
ILT Participant, $ Varies.
You've purchased MOC On-Demand, have gone through the training and decided that you still want a live class. Just pay difference between MOC On-Demand course and and the Instructor-Led Training (ILT) class and you can have a seat in our live class. Get both self-study and live, instructor-led training for the retail price of the instructor-led class alone!
Paying with Software Assurance Training Vouchers (SATV)
For Microsoft Enterprise customers paying with Software Assurance Vouchers, the cost of this class is 5 vouchers--this includes access to the self-study materials, the student workbook, 24/7 access to an online expert, and a corresponding exam voucher, if applicable, upon request.
Do You Still Prefer a Live, Instructor-led Class?
Already know MOC On-Demand is not right for you? We also offer this same course content in a live, instructor-led format. For more details, click on the link below:
This self-study class (equivalent to our 5-day instructor-led course) provides hands-on instruction and practice configuring advanced Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, services in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is part three in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on advanced configuration of services necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as advanced networking services, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS), Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), Network Load Balancing, Failover Clustering, business continuity and disaster recovery services as well as access and information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control (DAC), and Web Application Proxy integration with AD FS and Workplace Join.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services, which is the third of three exams required for MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential.
Note: Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
Can't Take this Class During the Day?
This course is also available in our three-part MCSA after hours certification program. More details on after hours certification programs and related courses can be found at:
MCSA After Hours Program
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals with hands on experience implementing, managing and maintaining a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 environment who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to perform advanced management and provisioning of services within that Windows Server 2012 environment. Candidates who would typically be interested in attending this course will be:
• Experienced Windows Server Administrators who have real world experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 enterprise environment.
• IT Professionals who are looking to take the exam 412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services.
• IT Professionals wishing to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in Datacenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the MCSA exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
Before attending this course, students must have:
• Experience working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 servers day to day in an Enterprise environment.
The course pre-requisites can be met by having knowledge equivalent to, or by attendance at, courses 20410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 and 20411: Administering Windows Server 2012 as this course will build upon the knowledge and skills covered in those courses.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Configure advanced features for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), and configure IP Address Management (IPAM) with Windows Server 2012.
• Configure and manage iSCSI, BranchCache and FSRM.
• Configure DAC to manage and audit access to shared files.
• Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests.
• Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes locations.
• Implement and configure an Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) deployment.
• Implement an AD RMS deployment.
• Implement an AD FS deployment.
• Provide high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing Network Load Balancing (NLB).
• Implement and validate high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing NLB.
• Provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing failover clustering.
• Implement a failover cluster, and configure and validate a highly available network service.
• Deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster.
• Implement a backup and disaster recovery solution based on business and technical requirements.
Module 1: Implementing Advanced Network Services
In this module students will be able to configure advanced features for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS), and configure IP Address Management (IPAM).
• Configuring Advanced DHCP Features
• Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
• Implementing IPAM
• Managing IP Address Spaces with IPAM
Lab : Implementing Advanced Network Services
• Configuring Advanced DHCP Settings
• Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
• Configuring IPAM
Module 2: Implementing Advanced File Services
In this module students will be able to configure file services to meet advanced business requirements.
• Configuring iSCSI Storage
• Configuring BranchCache
• Optimizing Storage Usage
Lab : Implementing Advanced File Services
• Configuring iSCSI Storage
• Configuring the File Classification Infrastructure
Lab : Implementing BranchCache
• Configuring the Main Office Servers for BranchCache
• Configuring the Branch Office Servers for BranchCache
• Configuring Client Computers for BranchCache
• Monitoring BranchCache
Module 3: Implementing Dynamic Access Control
In this module students will be able to configure Dynamic Access Control (DAC) to manage and audit access to shared files.
• Overview of DAC
• Implementing DAC Components
• Implementing DAC for Access Control
• Implementing Access Denied Assistance
• Implementing and Managing Work Folders
Lab : Implementing Secure Data Access
• Preparing for DAC deployment
• Implementing DAC
• Validating and Remediating DAC
• Implementing Work Folders
Module 4: Implementing Distributed Active Directory Domain Services Deployments
In this module students will be able to plan and implement an Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) deployment that includes multiple domains and forests.
• Overview of Distributed AD DS Deployments
• Deploying a Distributed AD DS Environment
• Configuring AD DS Trusts
Lab : Implementing Distributed AD DS Deployments
• Implementing Child Domains in AD DS
• Implementing Forest Trusts
Module 5: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services Sites and Replication
In this module students will be able to plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple locations.
• AD DS Replication Overview
• Configuring AD DS Sites
• Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Lab : Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
• Modifying the Default Site
• Creating Additional Sites and Subnets
• Configuring AD DS Replication
• Monitoring and Troubleshooting AD DS Replication
Module 6: Implementing AD CS
In this module students will be able to implement an Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) deployment.
• Using Certificates in a Business Environment
• PKI Overview
• Deploying CAs
• Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
• Implementing Certificate Distribution and Revocation
• Managing Certificate Recovery
Lab : Deploying and Configuring CA Hierarchy
• Deploying a Stand-Alone Root CA
• Deploying an Enterprise Subordinate CA
Lab : Deploying and Managing Certificates
• Configuring Certificate Templates
• Configuring Certificate Enrollment
• Configuring Certificate Revocation
• Configuring Key Recovery
Module 7: Implementing Active Directory Rights Management Services
In this module students will be able to implement an AD RMS deployment.
• AD RMS Overview
• Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
• Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
• Configuring External Access to AD RMS
Lab : Implementing AD RMS
• Installing and Configuring AD RMS
• Configuring AD RMS Templates
• Implementing the AD RMS Trust Policies
• Verifying AD RMS on a Client
Module 8: Implementing and Administering AD FS
In this module students will be able to implement an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) deployment.
• Overview of AD FS
• Deploying AD FS
• Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
• Deploying AD FS in a Business-to-Business Federation Scenario
• Extending AD FS to External Clients
Lab : Implementing AD FS
• Installing and Configuring AD FS
• Configuring an Internal Application for AD FS
Lab : Implementing AD FS for External Partners and Users
• Configuring AD FS for a Federated Business Partner
• Configuring Web Application Proxy
Module 9: Implementing Network Load Balancing
In this module students will be able to provide high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing Network Load Balancing (NLB).
• Overview of NLB
• Configuring an NLB Cluster
• Planning an NLB Implementation
Lab : Implementing NLB
• Implementing an NLB Cluster
• Configuring and Managing the NLB Cluster
• Validating High Availability for the NLB Cluster
Module 10: Implementing Failover Clustering
In this module students will be able to provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing failover clustering.
• Overview of Failover Clustering
• Implementing a Failover Cluster
• Configuring Highly Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
• Maintaining a Failover Cluster
• Implementing a Multi-Site Failover Cluster
Lab : Implementing Failover Clustering
• Configuring a Failover Cluster
• Deploying and Configuring a Highly Available File Server
• Validating the Deployment of the Highly Available File Server
• Configuring CAU on the Failover Cluster
Module 11: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
In this module students will be able to deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster.
• Overview of Integrating Hyper-V with Failover Clustering
• Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machines on Failover Clusters
• Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machine Movement
Lab : Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
• Configuring Hyper-V Replicas
• Configuring a Failover Cluster for Hyper-V
• Configuring a Highly Available Virtual Machine
Module 12: Implementing Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
In this module students will be able to implement a backup and disaster recovery solution based on business and technical requirements
• Data Protection Overview
• Implementing Windows Server Backup
• Implementing Server and Data Recovery
Lab : Implementing Windows Server Backup and Restore
• Backing Up Data on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Server
• Restoring Files Using Windows Server Backup
View outline in Word