MOC On-Demand: 10979-Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Course Outline
*** Note: This is an On-Demand Self Study Class, 2-days of content, 90-days unlimited access, $995 ***
You can take this class at any time; there are no set dates. It covers the same content as the 2-day instructor-led class of the same name. The cost for this MOC On-Demand class is $995. (Microsoft Enterprise customers paying with Software Assurance Vouchers, see SATV Payment note below.) In all cases, customers must call us directly to purchase this class at 800-288-8221.
MOC On-Demand Learner Profiles
MOC On-Demand is a self-study training solution that was designed for two types of learners. First, MOC On-Demand is a great fit for experienced IT professionals who don't need a traditional 2-day class to upgrade their existing skills. They can pick and choose topics to make the most effective use of their time. Second, MOC On-Demand is perfect for highly-motivated individuals who are new to a technology and need to space their learning over a period of weeks or months. These learners can take their time and repeat sections as needed until they master the new concepts.
About MOC On-Demand
Our MOC On-Demand classes are self-study courses with 30 to 40 hours of content. They include hours of videos, hands-on labs using the actual software, and knowledge checks and were created by Microsoft to mirror the content found in the traditional live instructor-led version of this course. Those features are all part of the standard MOC On-Demand training. But don't settle for the standard MOC On-Demand class! Check out the "ONLC Extras" that you get when purchasing this course from us.
ONLC Training Centers bundles in valuable extras with our MOC On-Demand Courses. These items are not available from other training companies.
Courseware After the Course.
Get the digital courseware that is used in the live, instructor-led version of this class. While the MOC On-Demand access goes away after 90 days, you will have access to the "extra" digital courseware for an unlimited period of time.
24/7 Online Support.
You will be able to chat online with a content matter expert while you are taking your MOC On-Demand class. And, with your permission, the expert can even take over your computer to provide with assistance with your labs.
These add-ons are available exclusively by ONLC Training Centers and are offered to you at an additional cost.
Upgrade to 180-Day Access, $250.
Need more time? Extend the base 90-day access to 180 days on your MOC On-Demand class, complete with labs, videos and knowledge checks. Extension must be ordered at time of original purchase and is non-refundable.
Certification Pak, $150.
Interested in obtaining certification? Get a Transcender practice exam and a Microsoft exam voucher at this reduced price.
ILT Listener, $250.
Want to listen in and follow along with a live Instructor-Led Training (ILT) class? We offer this option for individuals on a limited budget who have time during the day to hear a live class in progress. ILT Listeners have access to their online support chat expert during the class but they do not have direct access to the live instructor.
ILT Participant, $ Varies.
You've purchased MOC On-Demand, have gone through the training and decided that you still want a live class. Just pay difference between MOC On-Demand course and and the Instructor-Led Training (ILT) class and you can have a seat in our live class. Get both self-study and live, instructor-led training for the retail price of the instructor-led class alone!
Paying with Software Assurance Training Vouchers (SATV)
For Microsoft Enterprise customers paying with Software Assurance Vouchers, the cost of this class is 2 vouchers--this includes access to the self-study materials, the student workbook, 24/7 access to an online expert, and a corresponding exam voucher, if applicable, upon request.
Do You Still Prefer a Live, Instructor-led Class?
Already know MOC On-Demand is not right for you? We also offer this same course content in a live, instructor-led format. For more details, click on the link below:
Get hands-on instruction and practice implementing Microsoft Azure in this two day Microsoft Official Course. You will be presented with Basic cloud computing concepts as well as specific Microsoft Azure features used in day to day administration of cloud resources. You will learn key Microsoft Azure concepts and basic implementation of Azure subscriptions, websites, virtual machines, storage, virtual networks, databases and Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have a limited knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Microsoft Azure. This course provides the underlying knowledge required by all IT professionals who will be using Microsoft Azure, regardless of whether they are an administrator, developer, or database administrator. While this course does not map to an exam, it does provide you with the prerequisite knowledge for taking 20532A:Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions & 20533A:Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have a limited knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Microsoft Azure. This course provides the underlying knowledge required by all individuals who will be evaluating Microsoft Azure, regardless of whether they are an administrator, developer, or database administrator. This course also provides the prerequisite knowledge for students wishing to attend course 20532A Microsoft Azure for Developers, or course 20533A Microsoft Azure for IT Professionals.
The audience will include:
• Individuals who want to evaluate deploying, configuring, and administering services and virtual machines using Microsoft Azure.
• Developers who want to evaluate creating Microsoft Azure solutions.
• Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate the migration of on-premises roles and services to the cloud.
• IT professionals who want to evaluate the use of Microsoft Azure to host web sites and mobile app back-end services.
• Database administrators who want to evaluate the use of Microsoft Azure to host Microsoft SQL Server databases.
Before attending this course, students must have:
• A basic understanding of websites.
• A basic understanding of Active Directory concepts including: Domains, Users, Domain Controllers.
• A basic understanding of database concepts including tables and simple queries.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe cloud computing, Microsoft Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
• Describe and create Microsoft Azure websites.
• Create and configure virtual machines in Microsoft Azure.
• Create a Microsoft Azure virtual network.
• Describe and configure Microsoft Azure storage.
• Describe and deploy databases in Microsoft Azure.
• Describe and configure Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
Module 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Azure
This module describes the features of Microsoft Azure and the services it provides. The module also explains how to manage Microsoft Azure by using the Azure portal, Visual Studio, and SQL Server Management Studio. In addition, the module describes how to manage subscriptions and billing.
• What Is Cloud Computing?
• What Is Azure?
• Managing Azure
• Subscription Management and Billing
Lab : Using the Microsoft Azure Portal
• Add a Co-Administrator
• View Billing Data
Module 2: Websites and Cloud Services
This module explains the procedures for creating and configuring websites and cloud services. The module also describes how to deploy and monitor websites.
• Create and Configure Websites
• Deploy and Monitor Websites
• Create and Deploy Cloud Services
Lab : Websites and Cloud Services
• Create a WordPress Website
• Create a Cloud Service
Module 3: Virtual Machines
This module describes how to create and configure virtual machines and disks.
• Create and Configure Virtual Machines
• Configure Disks
Lab : Create a Virtual Machine in Microsoft Azure
• Create a Virtual Machine from the Gallery
• Verify the functionality of the Virtual Machine
• Attach a Data Disk
Module 4: Virtual Networks
This module provides an overview of virtual networks and also describes the procedure to create one. The module then describes a point-to-site VPN and explains how to set up one.
• Getting Started with Virtual Networks
• Creating a Virtual Network
• Implementing Point-to-Site Networks
Lab : Create a Virtual Network
• Creating a Virtual Network
• Creating Virtual Machines from the Gallery
• Add Point-to-Site Connectivity
Module 5: Cloud Storage
This module describes cloud storage features such as azure storage accounts, BLOBs, tables, and queues. The module also describes how to create and manage storage.
• Understand Cloud Storage
• Create and Manage Storage
Lab : Configure Azure Storage
• Create an Azure Storage Account
• Create and Manage Blobs
• Upload Files
Module 6: Microsoft Azure Databases
This module provides an overview of the relational database deployment options. The module also describes how to create and connect SQL databases.
• Understand Relational Database Deployment Options
• Create and Connect to SQL Databases
Lab : Create an SQL Database
• Create a New SQL Database in Azure and Configure SQL Server Firewall Rules
• Add Data to an SQL Database in Azure by Using SQL Server Management Studio
Module 7: Azure Active Directory
This module describes how to manage Active Directory objects and how they can be used for identity and access management. The module also describes how to configure authentication by using multi-factor authentication and single sign-on.
• Manage Azure AD Objects
• Manage Authentication
Lab : Create Users in Azure Active Directory
• Create an Azure AD Directory
• Create Users in Azure Active Directory
Module 8: Microsoft Azure Management Tools
This module provides an overview of the tools that you can use to manage Microsoft Azure such as Azure PowerShell, Visual Studio, and Xplat CLI.
• Azure PowerShell
• The Azure SDK and the Azure Cross-Platform Command-Line Interface
Lab : Using Microsoft Azure Management Tools
• Use the Azure PowerShell Modules
• Use the Azure Cross-Platform Command-Line Interface
View outline in Word