Programming with Python for Data Science Course Outline
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science.
This practical course, developed in partnership with Coding Dojo, targets individuals who have introductory level Python programming experience. The course teaches students how to start looking at data with the lens of a data scientist by applying efficient, well-known mining models in order to unearth useful intelligence, using Python, one of the popular languages for Data Scientists. Topics include data visualization, feature importance and selection, dimensionality reduction, clustering, classification and more! All of the data sets used in this course are gathered live-data or inspired by real-world domains that can benefit from machine learning.
Approximately 6 weeks assuming 3 to 4 hours of effort per week.
What you'll learn
• What machine learning is and the types of problems it is adept to solving
• How to represent raw data in a manner conducive to deriving valuable information
• How to use various data visualization techniques
• How to use principal component analysis and isomap intelligently to simplify your data
• How to apply supervised learning algorithms to your data, such as random forest and support vector classifier
• Concepts such as model selection, pipelining, and cross validation
View outline in Word
Attend hands-on, instructor-led Programming with Python for Data Science training classes at ONLC's more than 300 locations.
Not near one of our locations? Attend these same live classes from your home/office PC via our Remote Classroom Instruction (RCI) technology.
For additional training options, check out our list of Courses and select the one that's right for you.