Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI Course Outline
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science and the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Big Data.
Power BI is quickly gaining popularity among professionals in data science as a cloud-based service that helps them easily visualize and share insights from their organizations’ data.
In this data science course, you will learn from the Power BI product team at Microsoft with a series of short, lecture-based videos, complete with demos, quizzes, and hands-on labs. You’ll walk through Power BI, end to end, starting from how to connect to and import your data, author reports using Power BI Desktop, and publish those reports to the Power BI service. Plus, learn to create dashboards and share with business users—on the web and on mobile devices.
Approximately 6 weeks assuming 2 to 4 hours of effort per week.
What you'll learn
• Connect, import, shape, and transform data for business intelligence (BI)
• Visualize data, author reports, and schedule automated refresh of your reports
• Create and share dashboards based on reports in Power BI desktop and Excel
• Use natural language queries
• Create real-time dashboards
• Understanding key concepts in business intelligence, data analysis, and data visualization
• Importing your data and automatically creating dashboards from services such as Marketo, Salesforce, and Google Analytics
• Connecting to and importing your data, then shaping and transforming that data
• Enriching your data with business calculations
• Visualizing your data and authoring reports
• Scheduling automated refresh of your reports
• Creating dashboards based on reports and natural language queries
• Sharing dashboards across your organization
• Consuming dashboards in mobile apps
• Leveraging your Excel reports within Power BI
• Creating custom visualizations that you can use in dashboards and reports
• Collaborating within groups to author reports and dashboards
• Sharing dashboards effectively based on your organization’s needs
• Exploring live connections to data with Power BI
• Connecting directly to SQL Azure, HD Spark, and SQL Server Analysis Services
• Introduction to Power BI Development API
• Leveraging custom visuals in Power BI
View outline in Word