Oracle Student Learning Subscription: Java SE 8 Programming Fundamentals Course Outline
*** Note: This is an On-Demand Self Study Class, 5-days of content, $1995 ***
You can take this class at any time, there are no set dates. It covers the same content as the 5-day instructor-led class of the same name. The cost for this Oracle On-Demand class is $1995. Customers must call us directly to purchase this class at 800-288-8221.
Oracle On-Demand Learner Profiles
Oracle On-Demand (also known as the Oracle Student Learning Subscription) is a self-study training solution that was designed for two types of learners. First, Oracle On-Demand is a great fit for experienced IT professionals who don't need a traditional 5-day class to upgrade their existing skills. They can pick and choose topics to make the most effective use of their time. Second, Oracle On-Demand is perfect for highly-motivated individuals who are new to a technology, such as Workforce Development candidates, that need to space their learning over a period of weeks or months. These learners can take their time and repeat sections as needed until they master the new concepts.
About Oracle On-Demand
Our Oracle On-Demand classes are self-study courses with 30 to 40 hours of content. They include hours of videos, hands-on labs using the actual software, and knowledge checks and were created by Oracle to mirror the content found in the traditional live instructor-led version of this course. Those features are all part of the standard Oracle On-Demand training.
As an Oracle University Approved Education Partner, ONLC Training Centers bundles in valuable extras with our Oracle On-Demand Courses.
• Courseware After the Course. Get the eKit digital courseware that is used in the live, instructor-led version of this class. While the Oracle On-Demand access goes away after 6 months, you will have access to the "extra" digital courseware for an unlimited period of time.
• Certification Exam Voucher. Interested in obtaining certification? Upon successful completion of the lectures, exercises and quizzes, you will receive the associated exam voucher for each Oracle On-Demand class (where applicable). These exams have up to a $400 value.
This self-study class (equivalent to the 5-day Oracle University instructor-led course) teaches IT professionals Java SE 8 Fundamentals training introduces you to object-oriented programming using the Java language. Through hands-on exercises, you'll begin to build a baseline of knowledge to propel your career in development.
• Use Java programming language constructs to create a Java technology application.
• Use decision and looping constructs and methods to dictate program flow.
• Understand basic object oriented concepts such as inheritance, encapsulation, and abstraction.
• Use and manipulate object references, and to write simple error handling code.
• Use the new SE 8 java.time and java.time.format packages to format and print the local date and time.
• Specify a data modification by passing a predicate lambda expression to the Collections class.
Benefits to You
By enrolling in this course, you'll expand your knowledge of Java SE 8, while building your Java skill set. You'll build a solid basis in the Java programming language upon which to base continued work and training.
• Application Developers
• System Administrator
• Project Manager
• Web Administrator
• Technical Consultant
• Technical Administrator
• Team Leader
What Is a Java Program?
• Introduction to Computer Programs
• Key Features of the Java Language
• The Java Technology and Development Environment
• Running/testing a Java program
Creating a Java Main Class
• Java Classes
• The main Method
Data In the Cart
• Introducing variables
• Working with Strings
• Working with numbers
• Manipulating numeric data
Managing Multiple Items
• Working with Conditions
• Working with a List of Items
• Processing a list of items
Describing Objects and Classes
• Working with objects and classes
• Defining fields and methods
• Declaring, Instantiating, and Initializing Objects
• Working with Object References
• Doing more with Arrays
• Introducing the NetBeans IDE
• Introducing the Soccer League Use Case
Manipulating and Formatting the Data in Your Program
• Using the String Class
• Using the Java API Docs
• Using the StringBuilder Class
• More about primitive data types
• The remaining numeric operators
• Promoting and casting variables
Creating and Using Methods
• Using methods
• Method arguments and return values
• Static methods and variables
• How Arguments are Passed to a Method
• Overloading a method
• Access Control
• Overloading constructors
More on Conditionals
• Relational and conditional operators
• More ways to use if/else constructs
• Using Switch Statements
• Using the NetBeans Debugger
More on Arrays and Loops
• Working with Dates
• Parsing the args Array
• Two-dimensional Arrays
• Alternate Looping Constructs
• Nesting Loops
• The ArrayList class
• Overview of inheritance
• Working with subclasses and superclasses
• Overriding methods in the superclass
• Introducing polymorphism
• Creating and extending abstract classes
• Polymorphism in the JDK foundation classes
• Using Interfaces
• Using the List Interface
• Introducing Lambda expressions
• Handling Exceptions: An overview
• Propagation of exceptions
• Catching and throwing exceptions
• Handling multiple exceptions and errors
View outline in Word