*** Note: This is an On-Demand Self Study Class, 5-days of content, 90-days unlimited access, $995 ***
You can take this class at any time; there are no set dates. It covers the same content as the 5-day instructor-led class of the same name. The cost for this MOC On-Demand class is $995. (Applicable State and Local taxes may be added for On-Demand purchases, depending on your location.) Microsoft Enterprise customers paying with Software Assurance Vouchers, see SATV Payment note below.
MOC On-Demand Learner Profiles
MOC On-Demand is a self-study training solution that was designed for two types of learners. First, MOC On-Demand is a great fit for experienced IT professionals who don't need a traditional 5-day class to upgrade their existing skills. They can pick and choose topics to make the most effective use of their time. Second, MOC On-Demand is perfect for highly-motivated individuals who are new to a technology and need to space their learning over a period of weeks or months. These learners can take their time and repeat sections as needed until they master the new concepts.
About MOC On-Demand
Our MOC On-Demand classes are self-study courses with 30 to 40 hours of content. They include hours of videos, hands-on labs using the actual software, and knowledge checks and were created by Microsoft to mirror the content found in the traditional live instructor-led version of this course. Those features are all part of the standard MOC On-Demand training. But don't settle for the standard MOC On-Demand class! Check out the "ONLC Extras" that you get when purchasing this course from us.
ONLC Training Centers bundles in valuable extras with our MOC On-Demand Courses. These items are not available from other training companies.
Courseware After the Course.
Get the digital courseware that is used in the live, instructor-led version of this class. While the MOC On-Demand access goes away after 90 days, you will have access to the "extra" digital courseware for an unlimited period of time.
24/7 Online Support.
You will be able to chat online with a content matter expert while you are taking your MOC On-Demand class. And, with your permission, the expert can even take over your computer to provide with assistance with your labs.
These add-ons are available exclusively by ONLC Training Centers and are offered to you at an additional cost.
Upgrade to 180-Day Access, $250.
Need more time? Extend the base 90-day access to 180 days on your MOC On-Demand class, complete with labs, videos and knowledge checks. Extension must be ordered at time of original purchase and is non-refundable.
Certification Pak, $150.
Interested in obtaining certification? Get a Transcender practice exam and a Microsoft exam voucher at this reduced price.
ILT Listener, $250.
Want to listen in and follow along with a live Instructor-Led Training (ILT) class? We offer this option for individuals on a limited budget who have time during the day to hear a live class in progress. ILT Listeners have access to their online support chat expert during the class but they do not have direct access to the live instructor.
ILT Participant, $ Varies.
You've purchased MOC On-Demand, have gone through the training and decided that you still want a live class. Just pay difference between MOC On-Demand course and and the Instructor-Led Training (ILT) class and you can have a seat in our live class. Get both self-study and live, instructor-led training for the retail price of the instructor-led class alone!
Paying with Software Assurance Training Vouchers (SATV)
For Microsoft Enterprise customers paying with Software Assurance Vouchers, the cost of this class is 5 vouchers--this includes access to the self-study materials, the student workbook, 24/7 access to an online expert, and a corresponding exam voucher, if applicable, upon request.
Do You Still Prefer a Live, Instructor-led Class?
Already know MOC On-Demand is not right for you? We also offer this same course content in a live, instructor-led format. For more details, click on the link below:
The lab scenarios in this course are selected to support and demonstrate the structure of various application scenarios. They are intended to focus on the principles and coding components/structures that are used to establish an HTML5 software application.
This course uses Visual Studio 2012, running on Windows 8.
This course is intended for students who have the following experience:
• 1 month experience creating Windows client applications
• 1 month of experience using Visual Studio 2010 or 2012
This course is not intended for developers with three or more months of HTML5 coding experience.
Students choosing to attend this course without a developer background should pay special attention to the training prerequisites. Developers who have more than 5 years programming experience may find that portions of this training are fundamental in nature when presenting the syntax associated with certain programming tasks.
Before attending this course, students must have at least three months of professional development experience.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have a combination of practical and conceptual knowledge related to HTML5 programming. This includes the following prerequisites:
• Understand the basic HTML document structure:
• How to use HTML tags to display text content.
• How to use HTML tags to display graphics.
• How to use HTML APIs.
• Understand how to style common HTML elements using CSS, including:
• How to separate presentation from content
• How to manage content flow.
• How to control the position of individual elements.
• How to implement basic CSS styling.
• How o create and use variables
• How to use:
• arithmetic operators to perform arithmetic calculations involving one or more variables
• relational operators to test the relationship between two variables or expressions
• logical operators to combine expressions that contain relational operators
• How to control the program flow by using if … else statements.
• How to implement iterations by using loops.
• How to write simple functions.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
• Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
• Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
• Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
• Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
• Create Web applications that support offline operations.
• Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
• Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
• Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
• Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
• Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
Module 1: Overview of HTML and CSS
This module provides an overview of HTML and CSS, and describes how to use Visual Studio 2012 to build a Web application.
• Overview of HTML
• Overview of CSS
• Creating a Web Application by Using Visual Studio 2012
Lab : Exploring the Contoso Conference Application
• Walkthrough of the Contoso Conference Application
• Examining and Modifying the Contoso Conference Application
Module 2: Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
This module describes the new features of HTML5, and explains how to create and style HTML5 pages.
• Creating an HTML5 Page
• Styling an HTML5 Page
Lab : Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
• Creating HTML5 Pages
• Styling HTML5 Pages
• Introduction to jQuery
• Displaying Data Programmatically
• Handling Events
Module 4: Creating Forms to Collect Data and Validate User Input
• Overview of Forms and Input Types
• Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
Lab : Creating a Form and Validating User Input
• Creating a Form and Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
Module 5: Communicating with a Remote Data Source
This module describes how to send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using an XMLHTTPRequest object and by performing jQuery AJAX operations.
• Sending and Receiving Data by Using XMLHTTPRequest
• Sending and Receiving Data by Using jQuery AJAX operations
Lab : Communicating with a Remote Data Source
• Retrieving Data
• Serializing and Transmitting Data
• Refactoring the Code by Using jQuery ajax method
Module 6: Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3
This module describes how to style HTML5 pages and elements by using the new features available in CSS3.
• Styling Text
• Styling Block Elements
• CSS3 Selectors
• Enhancing Graphical Effects by Using CSS3
Lab : Styling Text and Block Elements using CSS3
• Styling the Navigation Bar
• Styling the Page Header
• Styling the About Page
• Creating Custom Objects
• Extending Objects
Lab : Refining Code for Maintainability and Extensibility
• Inheriting From Objects
• Refactoring Code to Use Objects
Module 8: Creating Interactive Pages using HTML5 APIs
This module describes how to use some common HTML5 APIs to add interactive features to a Web application. This module also explains how to debug and profile a Web application.
• Interacting with Files
• Incorporating Multimedia
• Reacting to Browser Location and Context
• Debugging and Profiling a Web Application
Lab : Creating Interactive Pages by Using HTML5 APIs
• Incorporating Video
• Incorporating Images
• Using the Geolocation API
Module 9: Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
This module describes how to add offline support to a Web application, to enable the application to continue functioning in a user's browser even if the browser is disconnected from the network.
• Reading and Writing Data Locally
• Adding Offline Support by Using the Application Cache
Lab : Adding Offline Support to a Web Application
• Implementing the Application Cache
• Implementing Local Storage
Module 10: Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
This module describes how to create HTML5 pages that can dynamically detect and adapt to different devices and form factors.
• Supporting Multiple Form Factors
• Creating an Adaptive User Interface
Lab : Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
• Creating a Print-Friendly Stylesheet
• Adapting Page Layout To Fit a Different Form Factor
Module 11: Creating Advanced Graphics
This module describes how to create advanced graphics for an HTML5 Web application by using a Canvas element, and by using Scalable Vector Graphics.
• Creating Interactive Graphics by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
• Programmatically Drawing Graphics by Using a Canvas
Lab : Creating Advanced Graphics
• Creating an Interactive Venue Map by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
• Creating a Speaker Badge by Using a Canvas Element
Module 12: Animating the User Interface
This module describes how to enhance the user experience in an HTML5 Web application by adding animations.
• Applying CSS Transitions
• Transforming Elements
• Applying CSS Key-frame Animations
Lab : Animating User Interface Elements
• Applying Transitions to User Interface Elements
• Applying Key-Frame Animations
Module 13: Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
This module explains how to use Web Sockets to transmit and receive data between an HTML5 Web application and a server.
• Introduction to Web Sockets
• Sending and Receiving Data by Using Web Sockets
Lab : Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
• Receiving Data from Web Socket
• Sending Data to a Web Socket
• Sending Multiple Types of Messages To or From a Web Socket
Module 14: Creating a Web Worker Process
This module describes how to use Web Worker Processes to perform long-running operations asynchronously and improve the responsiveness of an HTML5 Web application.
• Introduction to Web Workers
• Performing Asynchronous Processing by Using a Web Worker
Lab : Creating a Web Worker Process
• Improving Responsiveness by Using a Web Worker
View outline in Word