MOC On-Demand: 10993-Integrating On-Premises Identity Infrastructure with Microsoft Azure Course Outline
*** Note: This is an On-Demand Self Study Class, 2-days of content, 90-days unlimited access, $995 ***
You can take this class at any time; there are no set dates. It covers the same content as the 2-day instructor-led class of the same name. The cost for this MOC On-Demand class is $995. (Applicable State and Local taxes may be added for On-Demand purchases, depending on your location.) Microsoft Enterprise customers paying with Software Assurance Vouchers, see SATV Payment note below.
MOC On-Demand Learner Profiles
MOC On-Demand is a self-study training solution that was designed for two types of learners. First, MOC On-Demand is a great fit for experienced IT professionals who don't need a traditional 2-day class to upgrade their existing skills. They can pick and choose topics to make the most effective use of their time. Second, MOC On-Demand is perfect for highly-motivated individuals who are new to a technology and need to space their learning over a period of weeks or months. These learners can take their time and repeat sections as needed until they master the new concepts.
About MOC On-Demand
Our MOC On-Demand classes are self-study courses with 30 to 40 hours of content. They include hours of videos, hands-on labs using the actual software, and knowledge checks and were created by Microsoft to mirror the content found in the traditional live instructor-led version of this course. Those features are all part of the standard MOC On-Demand training. But don't settle for the standard MOC On-Demand class! Check out the "ONLC Extras" that you get when purchasing this course from us.
ONLC Training Centers bundles in valuable extras with our MOC On-Demand Courses. These items are not available from other training companies.
Courseware After the Course.
Get the digital courseware that is used in the live, instructor-led version of this class. While the MOC On-Demand access goes away after 90 days, you will have access to the "extra" digital courseware for an unlimited period of time.
24/7 Online Support.
You will be able to chat online with a content matter expert while you are taking your MOC On-Demand class. And, with your permission, the expert can even take over your computer to provide with assistance with your labs.
These add-ons are available exclusively by ONLC Training Centers and are offered to you at an additional cost.
Upgrade to 180-Day Access, $250.
Need more time? Extend the base 90-day access to 180 days on your MOC On-Demand class, complete with labs, videos and knowledge checks. Extension must be ordered at time of original purchase and is non-refundable.
Certification Pak, $150.
Interested in obtaining certification? Get a Transcender practice exam and a Microsoft exam voucher at this reduced price.
ILT Listener, $250.
Want to listen in and follow along with a live Instructor-Led Training (ILT) class? We offer this option for individuals on a limited budget who have time during the day to hear a live class in progress. ILT Listeners have access to their online support chat expert during the class but they do not have direct access to the live instructor.
ILT Participant, $ Varies.
You've purchased MOC On-Demand, have gone through the training and decided that you still want a live class. Just pay difference between MOC On-Demand course and and the Instructor-Led Training (ILT) class and you can have a seat in our live class. Get both self-study and live, instructor-led training for the retail price of the instructor-led class alone!
Paying with Software Assurance Training Vouchers (SATV)
For Microsoft Enterprise customers paying with Software Assurance Vouchers, the cost of this class is 5 vouchers--this includes access to the self-study materials, the student workbook, and 24/7 access to an online expert.
Do You Still Prefer a Live, Instructor-led Class?
Already know MOC On-Demand is not right for you? We also offer this same course content in a live, instructor-led format. For more details, click on the link below:
This course teaches IT professionals how to integrate their on-premises AD DS environment with Azure AD and how to use Azure AD as a directory service. It also teaches candidates how to use Azure RMS to protect sensitive documents. Additionally, it focusses on how to enhance authentication with multi-factor authentication and how to monitor directory synchronization health.
The primary audience for this course is existing IT professionals who have some knowledge and experience with Azure, and advanced experience with the Windows Server operating system. In addition, IT professionals who take this course typically want to develop knowledge of identity services integration between on-premises services and cloud services. This would typically include:
• AD DS administrators who are looking to train in cloud identity and access technologies.
• System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge, who are looking for more advanced identity training for Azure services.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
• Experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
• Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
• Basic experience with Windows PowerShell.
• Basic experience with cloud services such as Microsoft Office 365.
• Basic experience with the Azure platform.
• Basic experience with identities on premises or in cloud.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Compare Azure AD to AD DS, perform Azure AD tenant provisioning, and manage objects and user roles in Azure AD.
• Implement and configure directory synchronization and manage synchronized directories.
• Use Azure AD as a directory service for an on-premises environment, configure single sign-on (SSO) in Azure AD, and protect privileged identities.
• Implement multi-factor authentication.
• Implement Azure RMS and integrate Azure RMS with on-premises services.
• Configure alerts and monitor directory services infrastructure.
Module 1: Introducing Azure AD
This module describes the differences between Azure AD and AD DS, and the Azure AD versions. It also explains how to perform Azure AD tenant provisioning and how to manage objects and user roles in Azure AD.
• Azure AD overview
• Implementing and configuring Azure AD
• Managing Azure AD
Lab : Creating and managing an Azure AD tenant
• Activating Azure and Office 365 trial subscriptions
• Configuring an Azure AD tenant and objects in Azure AD
• Configuring user roles in Azure AD
Module 2: Integrating on-premises Active Directory with Azure
This module explains how to extend an on-premises Active Directory domain to Azure, and how directory synchronization works. It also describes how to implement and configure directory synchronization. Additionally, this module describes how to manage synchronized directories.
• Extending an on-premises Active Directory domain to Azure
• Directory synchronization overview
• Implementing and configuring directory synchronization
• Managing synchronized directories
Lab : Implementing directory synchronization
• Implementing Azure AD Connect
• Managing directory synchronization
Module 3: Using Azure AD as a directory service in hybrid environments
This module explains how to use Azure AD as a directory service for on-premises resources, and how to configure SSO in Azure AD. It also describes how to implement Azure AD Privileged Identity Management (PIM).
• Azure AD as a directory service for on-premises environments
• Configuring SSO with Azure AD
• Implementing Azure AD PIM
Lab : Using Azure AD in hybrid environments
• Joining a Windows 10 computer to Azure AD
• Implementing SSO with Azure AD
• Configuring and using Azure AD PIM
Module 4: Configuring and protecting authentication in hybrid environments
This module explains how authentication works in hybrid environments. In addition, it describes how to implement Azure Multi-Factor Authentication.
• Authenticating users in hybrid environments
• Implementing multi-factor authentication
Lab : Configuring authentication in hybrid environments
• Implementing user password reset policy
• Implementing Multi-Factor Authentication
• Implementing Multi-Factor Authentication Server on premises
Module 5: Deploying Azure RMS with on-premises services
This module provides an overview of rights management, and describes the differences between Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) and Azure RMS. It also explains how to implement Azure RMS and integrate it with on-premises services.
• RMS overview
• Implementing Azure RMS
• Integrating Azure RMS with on-premises services
Lab : Implementing Azure RMS
• Enabling and configuring Azure RMS
• Integrating Azure RMS with FCI
• Using the RMS sharing application on a client
Module 6: Monitoring Azure AD
This module describes how to use Azure AD reporting, and how to configure Azure AD notifications. It also describes how to monitor AD DS and Azure AD by using Azure AD Connect Health and Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS).
• Azure AD reporting
• Monitoring Azure AD
Lab : Configuring reporting and monitoring
• Configuring Azure AD reports and notifications
• Configuring Azure AD monitoring
View outline in Word